New DB Coach Search

Any chance of Sanders coming back for more than just DB coach? Sanders can flat out coach and recruit and it seems JP flat out can't. Seems to make sense. Sanders would be a slam dunk at DB coach, so why all the other names floating around? Just throwing some stuff at the wall here.

Not true. Pap is a pretty dang good recruiter with some good ties in the northeast especially. I would actually say Pap is a better recruiter than Sanders.

Meant coaching. Seems my thoughts ran together there. My apologies.

Any chance of Sanders coming back for more than just DB coach? Sanders can flat out coach and recruit and it seems JP flat out can't. Seems to make sense. Sanders would be a slam dunk at DB coach, so why all the other names floating around? Just throwing some stuff at the wall here.

I don't know where you heard that Sanders can recruit, but the truth is that Sanders is a terrible recruiter. We need people who can recruit and don't embarrase the university on thier recruiting trips. Which of course means that Sanders should never be a Husker again.

I'm not sure where you heard he was a terrible recruiter. He's credited with playing a major role in signing Andrew Rodriguez (non DB, obviously), Corey Cooper, Josh Mitchell, and a fairly successful CB by the name of Alfonso Dennard. Two of those guys are coming back and would be working with Sanders if he is to be the DB coach.

I don't know where you heard that Sanders can recruit, but the truth is that Sanders is a terrible recruiter. We need people who can recruit and don't embarrass the university on their recruiting trips. Which of course means that Sanders should never be a Husker again.

Not sure of his recruiting ability but do you have something to say?

Let's just say that he can't be trusted with school CC's and women. I am sure you can put the rest of the pieces together.

Dont know anything about the credit card deal. Maybe he accidently used the wrong one. Who knows. But lets remember, college women are exactly that. Grown women. Ethically wrong? probably. unforgiveable crime? Not even close. And, you act like this is something he did/does all the time. Like he's just a rampant problem. Look at his rep with some common sense. If what he did was so damn bad, how the hell did he get a job at a prestigous program like USC, followed by one at a frickin High School? Not saying he didnt do anything wrong, but dont blow it up to be something it isnt. I was told he was gonna be given the chance to stay under certain requirements, but he decided to step away on his own accord to handle the family/personal issues that had come along with his mistakes.

Not to mention, it's been 3+ years since it happened.

• Fire 4

Interesting Matt Vrzal said on sharpe and benning this morning that Marvin is NOT coming back and that fans should just get over it. He sounded pretty absolute about it. I don't know, maybe he doesn't know anything about it, but you would think he has some insight.

I just wish they'd announce something NOW instead of waiting. Uncertainty hanging its head over any program in any position/area always sucks...and if we want to pull in some DB's this time around we better get a coach in place right away so when we recruit we can give them the name of the coach these kids are going to have instead of saying something like "we don't know who your coach will be right now but if you come and play for us it will be really good!".

Hey Dev. Isnt there some law that as a state institution, they have to publicly advertise the job opening for so many days before "officially" hiring a replacement? Pretty sure this is the case, and if so, we might as well count on not hearing anything official until the signing day presser. That's predominantly been when Bo addresses any offseason movement of players and coaches.

I'm hoping he comes back. It's been a few years. I'm sure he's cleaned up his act or else Bo wouldn't consider him. I'm all for giving him a second chance. We all know that he's the best coach of the secondary that we've ever had. Marvin, get on a plane and get back to Lincoln!

Please don't forget that Marvin is not applying to become the pastor of the local church. He's coming to coach football. Give the man a chance. I highly doubt he lets us down. I also highly doubt that he pulls a Terry "Show Me the Money" Joseph and bolts for another school. Marvin would be here to stay. It would be SO nice to have a beast like Marvin back in the coaching fold.

I'm hoping he comes back. It's been a few years. I'm sure he's cleaned up his act or else Bo wouldn't consider him. I'm all for giving him a second chance. We all know that he's the best coach of the secondary that we've ever had. Marvin, get on a plane and get back to Lincoln!

Please don't forget that Marvin is not applying to become the pastor of the local church. He's coming to coach football. Give the man a chance. I highly doubt he lets us down. I also highly doubt that he pulls a Terry "Show Me the Money" Joseph and bolts for another school. Marvin would be here to stay. It would be SO nice to have a beast like Marvin back in the coaching fold.

Darlington was no slouch. During his final seven seasons here the secondary was ranked in the Top 10 in the nation four times. In three of the last four years at Nebraska, Darlington’s secondary was ranked second in the country twice and seventh once in pass defense efficiency.

I just wish they'd announce something NOW instead of waiting. Uncertainty hanging its head over any program in any position/area always sucks...and if we want to pull in some DB's this time around we better get a coach in place right away so when we recruit we can give them the name of the coach these kids are going to have instead of saying something like "we don't know who your coach will be right now but if you come and play for us it will be really good!".

Hey Dev. Isnt there some law that as a state institution, they have to publicly advertise the job opening for so many days before "officially" hiring a replacement? Pretty sure this is the case, and if so, we might as well count on not hearing anything official until the signing day presser. That's predominantly been when Bo addresses any offseason movement of players and coaches.

They have to publicly advertise it. Doesn't mean someone can't be "hired" within days. You frequently see coaches hired (and announced in a presser) in a matter of days. See Petrino's hiring just days after Strong leaves for Texas. If they have someone, we'll know.

Interesting Matt Vrzal said on sharpe and benning this morning that Marvin is NOT coming back and that fans should just get over it. He sounded pretty absolute about it. I don't know, maybe he doesn't know anything about it, but you would think he has some insight.

i found that odd, too. Fwiw, this is not a done deal. I've heard that Marvin resigned his high school job, but he is also considering a couple of other opportunities, Louisville and Wyoming bring 2 of them.

I'd think if Bo has any kind of leverage this would be the first move he'd make.

Do or die season next year? Ok, but I'd want my hand chosen guys right there beside me. If we go down, we're going down swinging. No matter the previous circumstances...

Be absolute, black and white about what is and is not acceptable this time, zero tolerance, all of that... but bring him onboard.

That could be....I didn't think of that. I guess it's hurry up and wait.

A new coach must be picked prior to the end of the recruiting dead period which I believe is the 15th of this month. Otherwise we will likely lose Trai Mosley and possibly others. No time to sit back on this. Hopefully, a decision has already been made.

A new coach must be picked prior to the end of the recruiting dead period which I believe is the 15th of this month. Otherwise we will likely lose Trai Mosley and possibly others. No time to sit back on this. Hopefully, a decision has already been made.

Again. I think my point is being missed here. I'm not saying we aint got one picked. We probably do. It's probably even being relayed who that is to the recruits. What i'm saying is that we wont hear an official word until ___________ due to what I believe is a state law that state insititutions have to advertise the public job openings for so long. But Im not sure.

Basically, I'm just speaking of an official word, NOT the actual choosing/hiring of a coach.

Again. I think my point is being missed here. I'm not saying we aint got one picked. We probably do. It's probably even being relayed who that is to the recruits. What i'm saying is that we wont hear an official word until ___________ due to what I believe is a state law that state insititutions have to advertise the public job openings for so long. But Im not sure.

Basically, I'm just speaking of an official word, NOT the actual choosing/hiring of a coach.

They can advertise for X amount of time but still hire before X amount of time is up can't they?