RB Kendall Bussey Jr [Texas A&M - Signed LOI]

Eh, the kid seems pretty flaky to me. If he comes good, if he doesn't, so be it. I will guarantee you this kid will not make or break our future. We have talent at RB on campus now and we will get more in the future.

I get this is the traditional nebraska fan response but.. do you blame the kid?

He was committed to the staff who spent time in his house. I get you should be committed to a school and i bet he was to a point but if i go interview for a job at a company and they hire me.. and a week before i start the whole staff gets fired, i might be nervous about taking that job.

No one can ever truly know if a kid will be great or special but I think Bussey will do well wherever he goes. He is very talented. Bummed if we lose him, but i respect that he needs to go where he feels he can better himself.

• Fire 1

Eh, the kid seems pretty flaky to me. If he comes good, if he doesn't, so be it. I will guarantee you this kid will not make or break our future. We have talent at RB on campus now and we will get more in the future.

He was committed to the staff who spent time in his house. I get you should be committed to a school and i bet he was to a point but if i go interview for a job at a company and they hire me.. and a week before i start the whole staff gets fired, i might be nervous about taking that job.

No one can ever truly know if a kid will be great or special but I think Bussey will do well wherever he goes. He is very talented. Bummed if we lose him, but i respect that he needs to go where he feels he can better himself.

Did I say I blamed the kid? I just stated my opinion. It's a loss but I don't believe it's a loss to the point of ruining or hurting the future of our program. I don't think he is even close to being a kid who is so good he can put your team on the NC map by himself. The only players who can really do that today in college are QBs. What we really need to do is get an absolute stud QB. We should be putting forth every frickin resource to eventually get a QB in here who can take us to NC prominence.

Here's one way to look at it. There had been talk about Bo being on the hot seat for over a year. There was a good chance if he came here he would have had a new coach at some point no matter what. IF, he would come here, unless we have a total melt down, he is pretty much guaranteed to have the same HC for his entire career here.

• Fire 1

When he "decommitted" in November for like a day or two, I was upset. If he "decommits" today, I'll be fine. I want him but whatever. You can only have someone commit-decommit and waiver back and forth so many times before you stop caring.

Great point. At this time I consider him not committed (obviously) so it will be a huge bonus if we get him but not a huge disappointment if we don't, since the disappointment sunk in in November.