QB Jaquez Parks [Kennesaw State Commit]

corncraze

So, you want to lowball a player with a offer of a walk-on that has a Harvard and Yale offer?

OMG. Yale and Harvard!!!!! Guess it depends on if he wants to play D1 football or not. Hey, if he wants to go the academic route, so be it.

Like I said if you read my post, I would offer him, but I think you at least have to offer him a grey shirt at the very least. Fact is, I don't know if we have room for him this year, but with a grey shirt we can fit him in next years class.

If he wants a full ride immediately then he just might be out of luck if he wants to come to Nebraska. It goes like that sometimes. Fact of the matter is, he isn't an absolute need for sure this year. If we could get him into next years class I actually think that works best for us and him IMO.

I'm not sure I understand why you think it would be better to put him in next years clas instead of this year.

So, you want to lowball a player with a offer of a walk-on that has a Harvard and Yale offer?

OMG. Yale and Harvard!!!!! Guess it depends on if he wants to play D1 football or not. Hey, if he wants to go the academic route, so be it.

Like I said if you read my post, I would offer him, but I think you at least have to offer him a grey shirt at the very least. Fact is, I don't know if we have room for him this year, but with a grey shirt we can fit him in next years class.

If he wants a full ride immediately then he just might be out of luck if he wants to come to Nebraska. It goes like that sometimes. Fact of the matter is, he isn't an absolute need for sure this year. If we could get him into next years class I actually think that works best for us and him IMO.

I'm not sure I understand why you think it would be better to put him in next years clas instead of this year.

It says right there in the post.

OK....what isn't right with this? The kid obviously is a good football player after reading about his HS career. He has major HS awards for his area that other top college recruits have earned in the past. However, this kid has literally seems to have been an afterthought in recruiting from major colleges and the recruiting services.

So, what gives? Why has he not been recruited heavier?

It says right there in the post.

Are you pointing towards your comment about "If we don't have room in this class"?

I took your comment as meaning that even if we have room, you would push him off to next year. That didn't make sense to me.

We are in on much better for 2015. No need to take a spot for next year when we already only have 13 seniors graduating.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Alex-Delton-145996

This kid is really good and really likes Nebraska.

Burrows is a legacy and is really good. Gatorade player if the year in Ohio. Kid is the real deal.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Joe-Burrow-146152

I'm ignorant on the recruiting rankings, if we sign an unlisted guy does that hurt our star ratings bad?

Won't make any difference as far as class rankings go. Rivals only calculates the 20 highest-rated commits in your class so as long as he's at least #21 (would currently be #24), he won't affect that ranking. 247 I think does total ranking points so he won't hurt that either.

They changed their calcs last year I think - I don't believe the 20 highest things applies anymore.

They changed their calcs last year I think - I don't believe the 20 highest things applies anymore.

What is the formula?

Rivals Rating points + Rivals250 Bonus Points = Total Points

Rivals Rating (RR) Scale (Top 20 rated commitments)

(Rivals Rating = Points)

6.1 = 150 points

6.0 = 135 points

5.9 = 120 points

5.8 = 105 points

5.7 = 90 points

5.6 = 75 points

5.5 = 60 points

5.4 = 45 points

5.3 = 30 points

5.2 = 15 points

Link