The Lowdown on Taylor Martinez's Foot

HAHA he wants to be a QB. Just try to be a WR or S. No NFL team in their right mind will give this guy a shot at QB.

I'm not sure who you are but I am certain you are definitely not Colin Kaepernick.

You and whoever plus 1'd you obviously never watched Kaepernick at Nevada.

Nevada vs. Nebraska ....... 'nick was a freshman guy, skinny, and mop-up QB. Marlon Lucky was a MVP against Nevada

Taylor Martinez is at least 23 years old.....

If he needs to hold a press conference to talk about his foot injury, and to increase the hype on him being ready for pro day/combine.....the ideal person to do so would be Taylor Martinez. Or his agent.

Jesus, let the kid be an adult already dad.

• Fire 2

Polo, the kid is an introvert. The family is very close. He may have an agent, but dad things he is. I really like Taylor, but he is very hard to talk to. Most likely has asked his dad to handle most of it. I had hoped with the bowl game he might get the medical, if we had played in a December game, it was possible, slight chance depending on how the NCAA looked at it. Like I have said many times, this kid is a warrior. I think the staff failed on taking care of him. But there is little question in my mind, that Taylor told them he was okay!

I hope he gets a chance in the NFL, but I honestly do not see it happening. Ball security has always been a problem. And I do not believe he has ever healed from the Freshman injury, or ever will. Hope I am wrong on it though.

Like I have said many times, this kid is a warrior. I think the staff failed on taking care of him. But there is little question in my mind, that Taylor told them he was okay!

Agree with you on Taylor being a Warrior. All that kid wants to do is win, even if it meant putting his body first. Taylor went on record before the Minnesota game saying he was close to being 100% and he had told the coaches he wanted to play.

Polo, the kid is an introvert. The family is very close. He may have an agent, but dad things he is. I really like Taylor, but he is very hard to talk to. Most likely has asked his dad to handle most of it. I had hoped with the bowl game he might get the medical, if we had played in a December game, it was possible, slight chance depending on how the NCAA looked at it. Like I have said many times, this kid is a warrior. I think the staff failed on taking care of him. But there is little question in my mind, that Taylor told them he was okay!

I hope he gets a chance in the NFL, but I honestly do not see it happening. Ball security has always been a problem. And I do not believe he has ever healed from the Freshman injury, or ever will. Hope I am wrong on it though.

I get the kid is an introvert. He's also an adult. If his dad is still talking for him at age 23, he's screwed up and so has the coaching staff.

But, again, I love Taylor too, I don't want to this to delve into something negative about him, I'm still dealing with what I envisioned in 2013 when I first saw him in 2010, and the reality.

• Fire 1

I know you don't Polo. We have always agreed pretty much on Taylor. And I can agree the relationship is a lot closer than what we normally see. I was so excited about this year for him. He deserved a better shake than luck gave him for sure.

I think he actually grew up quite a bit around Lauren. I think she took some of the pressure off of him.

Like I have said many times, this kid is a warrior. I think the staff failed on taking care of him. But there is little question in my mind, that Taylor told them he was okay!

Agree with you on Taylor being a Warrior. All that kid wants to do is win, even if it meant putting his body first. Taylor went on record before the Minnesota game saying he was close to being 100% and he had told the coaches he wanted to play.

Agree. He is a tough, tough kid. I just find it almost impossible that he could hide that type of injury. Hate to admit it, but forgot completely about Rex being thrown to the wolves and coming back way to early. Same with Martinez after the Mizzou game. Don't want to be a conspiracy theorist, but damn. Didn't Fonzie come back early from injury as well?

Maybe we need to quit blaming S&C and start blaming the med staff. No way Martinez should have ever seen the field after the Wyoming game IMO. A good med staff (again IMO) would have made sure of that.

I had really hoped for a 100% healthy Martinez in 2013. Our season could have (would have) been completely different IMO. Looking at the losses I really think we could gone undefeated. No way we lose to Minny, or Iowa. Martinez owned Sparty..........

Maybe we need to quit blaming S&C and start blaming the med staff. No way Martinez should have ever seen the field after the Wyoming game IMO. A good med staff (again IMO) would have made sure of that.

I absolutely agree with that! He wasn't himself after that, and it was apparent. Then we face a Southern Miss team where Martinez didn't have to do much... then the UCLA game. 10 carries -13 yards and 12 yards being his longest. He did what any QB would have done, try and put the ball in your best players hands and let them win you the game.

Its just unfortunate how his Senior year went, no matter how you spin it. Med RS, would he have taken it anyway? He is a Husker in and out, but I think he knew what was being done to his body and I personally don't think he would have taken it.

I absolutely agree with that! He wasn't himself after that, and it was apparent. Then we face a Southern Miss team where Martinez didn't have to do much... then the UCLA game. 10 carries -13 yards and 12 yards being his longest. He did what any QB would have done, try and put the ball in your best players hands and let them win you the game.

Its just unfortunate how his Senior year went, no matter how you spin it. Med RS, would he have taken it anyway? He is a Husker in and out, but I think he knew what was being done to his body and I personally don't think he would have taken it.

Neither of you guys know anything about what the injury entails. Good write up with a couple of quotes from some actual medical doctors who know what they're talking about here: http://www.cornnation.com/2014/1/22/5336942/taylor-martinez-foot-injury-details-released

Summary: The injury varies on EACH INDIVIDUAL. Some take longer than others and some feel like they are healed when they're not.

In other words...the staff handled everything exactly as they should have and knows more than anyone has ever speculated about.

We've always been at war with Eurasia.

Freedom is Slavery

Ignorance is Strength.

See you at the spring game in April when the clock strikes 13.

• Fire 1