Vince Marrow

Comish

The Wildcats’ current recruiting class under Mark Stoops is rated 13th nationally by Rivals.com, a remarkable performance for a program coming off a 2-10 season.

How in the hell is this possible?

A coach and a staff with a get-after it attitude towards recruiting. Even places like happenin', tradition-rich Vanderbilt and Kentucky can do it. The next time someone says it just can't be done at Nebraska......it can.

Isn't his success based off of poaching players/recruits when he leaves one school for another? How is this going to work when he stays put in one location? This is why UK is a traditional doormat.

I'm not sure, was Marrow even at another school prior to being GA at Nebraska? Marrow's success is based off his connections in Ohio and frankly, his recruiting prowess. I think it's merely bitterness that leads to the (unfortunate) suggestion that Marrow, or others, are dirty simply because of results.

• Fire 1

Isn't his success based off of poaching players/recruits when he leaves one school for another? How is this going to work when he stays put in one location? This is why UK is a traditional doormat.

I'm not sure, was Marrow even at another school prior to being GA at Nebraska? Marrow's success is based off his connections in Ohio and frankly, his recruiting prowess. I think it's merely bitterness that leads to the (unfortunate) suggestion that Marrow, or others, are dirty simply because of results.

Bitterness is probably still accurate but it's mainly because he came after a recruit that was already committed to Nebraska when he left and got him to switch to Kentucky. Whether that is ethical or not is up for debate but Terry Joseph refused to do that when he left this year.

• Fire 1

I think that's fine. Players develop relationships with coaches and they commit to coaching staffs, not uniforms. I didn't know Joseph refused, which is cool, but choosing not to hardly seems evil. If Bo doesn't like it, he can probably take a look in the mirror on that one from the first time he left in 2003. James Franklin flipped a number of Vandy commits to Penn State. If anything, it speaks to the recruiting clout Marrow had because he left Nebraska just as a GA, but was still crucial enough on the trail that recruits followed. It's OK, though, the program is bigger than one or two recruiting decisions, which always happen when there are coaching changes.

• Fire 1