NFL Combine 2014.

Fuzzy

4.4 for Q!!

He should be moved off the free agent list now I would guess. That should rocket him up, as long as he doesn't drop a bunch of passes.

For perspective the B1G best wr "prospect" according to many, Allen Robinson, ran a 4.61.

I just want to get this straight:

When I bring up a 40 time for a recruit and explain how it concerns me because it's far slower than the average, you and others exclaim "The 40. Most overhyped worthless thing there is." -Paul Crewe. "Coaches and scouts only care about production, a 40 time means absolutely nothing." BUT, when that 40 time is in favor of a Nebraska player, it's the greatest thing ever!!! "He is totally going to get drafted because of his 40 time!! He draft stock is rising!!! Production means nothing, it's all about that speed!"

Just makes me laugh. Now everyone (Mavric, PC, RRJRW), go ahead and tell me how I'm wrong, which will likely require a 100% complete opposite argument you have previously made to tell me I was wrong in another dispute. Just make sure you keep good notes to ensure you know which side of the argument you are on this time around.

Hey, anything you say on a football message board will catch disagreement from someone. No need to take it personally. Just have fun with it! (Feel free to disagree with this statement I just made if it makes you feel better. :lol:)

4.4 for Q!!

He should be moved off the free agent list now I would guess. That should rocket him up, as long as he doesn't drop a bunch of passes.

For perspective the B1G best wr "prospect" according to many, Allen Robinson, ran a 4.61.

I just want to get this straight:

When I bring up a 40 time for a recruit and explain how it concerns me because it's far slower than the average, you and others exclaim "The 40. Most overhyped worthless thing there is." -Paul Crewe. "Coaches and scouts only care about production, a 40 time means absolutely nothing." BUT, when that 40 time is in favor of a Nebraska player, it's the greatest thing ever!!! "He is totally going to get drafted because of his 40 time!! He draft stock is rising!!! Production means nothing, it's all about that speed!"

Just makes me laugh. Now everyone (Mavric, PC, RRJRW), go ahead and tell me how I'm wrong, which will likely require a 100% complete opposite argument you have previously made to tell me I was wrong in another dispute. Just make sure you keep good notes to ensure you know which side of the argument you are on this time around.

Wait what?

I think one of the funniest anecdotal arguments against 40 times is the Oakland Raider's draft strategy over the last decade or so. The Raiders try to take guys with good "measurables" especially 40 times. They remain one of, if not the, worst teams in the NFL. Certainly nothing definitive, but it's amusing.

I'm happy for QE that he ran a fast time, and it will probably help his draft stock. I just don't think it should matter at all.

Well, they obviously do it for a reason. Whatever that reason may be. Even if it's just become a show of speed for the athletes. It may not count for much as far as his career goes, but it can count for him proving his athletic ability , and those are two completely different things. The best athletes don't always have the greatest careers you guys. So if it helps Quincy make a few more bucks at the next level, good for him. Plus, being that fast has to be pretty cool anyways.

What bodes well for Quincy is Sherman from Seattle. A transition in the league to guys like Sherman will translate to trying to find bigger bodied receivers (see da Bears) who can play against this new generation of DB's (see the love SJB is getting for his size). Quincy has shown as a big guy he has some straight line speed and can stretch the D. At NU's pro day he MUST show he can catch the routine NFL passes.

Watching chicago last year they talked about the how a NFL receiver has to make the routine catches and have the ability to make the a circus catch or 2 per game. Does Quincy have this ability? Can he show this to the scouts? If so, he has a good chance, IMO, to go in the first day. If he misses the "routine" catches..................

What bodes well for Quincy is Sherman from Seattle. A transition in the league to guys like Sherman will translate to trying to find bigger bodied receivers (see da Bears) who can play against this new generation of DB's (see the love SJB is getting for his size). Quincy has shown as a big guy he has some straight line speed and can stretch the D. At NU's pro day he MUST show he can catch the routine NFL passes.

Watching chicago last year they talked about the how a NFL receiver has to make the routine catches and have the ability to make the a circus catch or 2 per game. Does Quincy have this ability? Can he show this to the scouts? If so, he has a good chance, IMO, to go in the first day. If he misses the "routine" catches..................

Actually, wouldn't the answer for an offense to these big bodies corners be small, speedy, acceleration and change of direction type receivers? If they can't stay with them then they can't guard them. The reason teams are getting these huge corners is so they can match up with the megatons of the NFL.

Actually, wouldn't the answer for an offense to these big bodies corners be small, speedy, acceleration and change of direction type receivers? If they can't stay with them then they can't guard them. The reason teams are getting these huge corners is so they can match up with the megatons of the NFL.

IMO no. The bigger corners are playing press and dominating the smaller wr's they face. Teams need to combat this and are looking for bigger receivers. Look at Megatron, Alshon, Davis etc. The TE's are now faster and more agile. One of the great things guys like about Lavonte is his ability to run with these TE's and support the run as well. Just my .02.

SJB runs a sub 4.5 and his stock soars IMO for this reason. Guys want to clone Sherman.