Your 4th Year in the Big Ten

- Do you feel more at home in the Big Ten Conference? Yes

- Has your pining for the old Big XII Conference been remedied at all, or do you still miss those OU/KSU/MIZZ/CU match-ups.I don't miss the Big XII because of Texass. I miss playing Oklahoma, but we weren't playing them every year any way.

- If the Big XII and the Big Ten made a clean deal for you to return to the Big XII tomorrow, would you be happy about it? Not really, I like the B1G!

- What is one perception about the conference that has changed since you've been a member? I don't really have any.

- My least favorite school in the Big Ten is Ohio State , because Urban Meyer.

- How do you feel about Maryland and Rutgers joining the conference. Who would you rather have seen? Don't like it from a football standpoint

- What is your favorite B1G football stadium? What impressed you about it? What was your least favorite? Never been to any so no comment

- What changes have you seen to UNL? Have there been any notable imporvements yet as far as improved academics, more infastructure, better sports teams? No comment

- How has the move affected your brand? It's been a rough couple of years by your standards, but do you think the Nebraska brand is better off now that it would have been had you stayed in the Big XII? Are your struggles due to the new conference? The coaching? The players? I think that the move has helped to take our brand to more of the country. I think it is better off right now than it would have been if we had stayed in the Big XII.

Never liked the B1G, still don't. It doesn't feel like any sort of natural fit, and anyone saying it does is fooling themselves. I'd rather make roadies to Ames or Lawrence than to crappy valley. I'd go back to the Big 12 in a heartbeat, if texa$$ had nothing to do with the conference and the rest of our former brethren came back with us.

Edit: for the record, billy c did more damage than most realize. Bo hasn't won the titles we'd like, but he's win over 70% of his games, so let's quit acting like he's an all around failure, especially considering what he has had deal with.

Now I'm done.

• Fire 1

- Do you feel more at home in the Big Ten Conference?

Yes.

- Has your pining for the old Big XII Conference been remedied at all, or do you still miss those OU/KSU/MIZZ/CU match-ups.

To be honest, the matchups against Michigan, Wiscy, and MSU feel like more natural rivalries anyways.

- If the Big XII and the Big Ten made a clean deal for you to return to the Big XII tomorrow, would you be happy about it?

No idea how I'd feel about it at this point in time.

- What is one perception about the conference that has changed since you've been a member?

I'd probably need some time to think on this one.

- My least favorite school in the Big Ten is _Probably Wisconsin__, because __They've kind of had their way with us for the most part.

- How do you feel about Maryland and Rutgers joining the conference. Who would you rather have seen?

Hate it. If it works out in the long run, I'll give Delaney credit for being a genius. As of right now, it's a terrible move for the perception of our conference nationally. Who cares if we expand our footprint to get more eyes on our games if our conference members are no good at football?...

I'd rather have seen FSU, GTech, Oklahoma, Kansas, UNC, or other rumored programs much more than Maryland and Rutgers.

- What is your favorite B1G football stadium? What impressed you about it? What was your least favorite?

I haven't traveled to any yet, but Camp Randall and the Shoe look pretty impressive.

- What changes have you seen to UNL? Have there been any notable imporvements yet as far as improved academics, more infastructure, better sports teams?

Yes, obviously. The added revenue is already paying off IMO.

- How has the move affected your brand? It's been a rough couple of years by your standards, but do you think the Nebraska brand is better off now that it would have been had you stayed in the Big XII? Are your struggles due to the new conference? The coaching? The players?

I don't think the brand was better or worse either way, to be honest.

- Do you feel more at home in the Big Ten Conference?

Very much so. The atmosphere is much closer to the old Big 8 days when things were more congenial between the teams. The Big 8 felt like a brotherhood. The Big XII was and always will be a business-first venture. It was stiff and stale and boring and seemed forced.

- Has your pining for the old Big XII Conference been remedied at all, or do you still miss those OU/KSU/MIZZ/CU match-ups.

I miss playing Oklahoma, but that's a result of the Big XII merger, not leaving for the Big Ten. Nobody misses playing Colorado. I miss the old days of having an "away home game" in Manhattan when we'd go down to play KSU for a guaranteed win.

- If the Big XII and the Big Ten made a clean deal for you to return to the Big XII tomorrow, would you be happy about it?

No.

- What is one perception about the conference that has changed since you've been a member?

I felt like it was slower football, and that Nebraska's speed would be an advantage. Turns out that was a misconception fueled by the press (ESPN in particular) and the speed is about equal for most/all teams.

- My least favorite school in the Big Ten is _______________, because _________________.

1a - Wisconsin, because they beat our a&& twice and those losses stung, and because our fans weren't treated well when they went to Madison. From what I hear from other Big Ten fans, that's a common complaint about Madison. Not a jab at you or Wisky, but you asked.

1b - Northwestern, because everyone insists on referring to them as "NU," and we are NU. They are (or should be) NW.

- How do you feel about Maryland and Rutgers joining the conference. Who would you rather have seen?

That, like devil's deal that created the Big XII, is a business move, and inevitable. There were no good choices once Missouri went to the SEC. Missouri would have been a better fit, but it was a TV decision, and they're probably already thinking they've got the KC market pretty well wrapped up with Nebraska and the St. Louis market with Illinois & NW.

- What is your favorite B1G football stadium? What impressed you about it? What was your least favorite?

The only game I've traveled to was 2012 Northwestern. That stadium is quaint and old and comically small. I was down in Texas and saw the Allen, TX high school stadium about two months before that trip to Evanston. It's crazy that a high school team has a stadium that puts a major college program's stadium to shame.

- What changes have you seen to UNL? Have there been any notable improvements yet as far as improved academics, more infrastructure, better sports teams?

I don't think anything the Big Ten is going to provide will make the athletics at Nebraska "better." We have some pretty top-notch facilities, and pockets deep enough to pay for them. Academically the move was a home run, and should help the university improve in many, many ways.

- How has the move affected your brand? It's been a rough couple of years by your standards, but do you think the Nebraska brand is better off now that it would have been had you stayed in the Big XII? Are your struggles due to the new conference? The coaching? The players?

The Big Ten isn't really affecting our brand much, positively or negatively. We're doing plenty of that on our own, and don't need help, apparently. We've had huge upswings (Jack Hoffman's TD) and huge downswings (Bo's several incidents, blowout losses) that were self-created. Certainly it doesn't hurt to be associated with legendary schools like our Big Ten brethren, but we're a reasonably legendary school in our own right. It's like Walter Payton standing amongst Barry Sanders, Eric Dickerson, Jim Brown and Franco Harris. Walter's cache wouldn't be increased, but he would definitely belong there.

There isn't an unbeatable team in this conference. We've beaten every team in this conference at least once in football (except Indiana - thanks, schedulers!), and we should be able to compete against every team quite well. Nebraska's biggest problem is between its collective ears. Whether that's a coaching issue or a player issue is the big question.

- Do you feel more at home in the Big Ten Conference? Do you mean now after four years? Or more at home than I felt in the Big XII? Of course I feel more at home in the BIG now than I did year one. That's common sense. I felt a lot more at home in the Big XII due to the fact we were surrounded by teams that we had played for 100 years.

- Has your pining for the old Big XII Conference been remedied at all, or do you still miss those OU/KSU/MIZZ/CU match-ups. Honestly, I miss those games. Heck of a lot better than a matchup with Purdue/Indiana/anyone at 11am.

- If the Big XII and the Big Ten made a clean deal for you to return to the Big XII tomorrow, would you be happy about it? If dollars and cents were completely even and the Big XII looked to appear more stable, I'd take the Big XII in a heartbeat.

- What is one perception about the conference that has changed since you've been a member? Not much. I still think it's relatively unexciting football. I think the BIG teams can hang with most teams in the country, but it's still not pretty football.

- My least favorite school in the Big Ten is Iowa, because I have too many friends from Iowa that are pricks.

- How do you feel about Maryland and Rutgers joining the conference. Who would you rather have seen? Hate it. No excitement for either of these teams. Would have rather seen an Oklahoma/Mizzou pairing, but I understand the pot load of money thats at stake.

- What is your favorite B1G football stadium? What impressed you about it? What was your least favorite? Can't comment

- What changes have you seen to UNL? Have there been any notable imporvements yet as far as improved academics, more infastructure, better sports teams? Not really. Haven't started pulling in the huge cash yet though. I think that time will come though where it does start paying dividends.

- How has the move affected your brand? It's been a rough couple of years by your standards, but do you think the Nebraska brand is better off now that it would have been had you stayed in the Big XII? Are your struggles due to the new conference? The coaching? The players? The BIG has had nothing to do with it. Nebraska's brand if affected by its own doing.

For those of you that think the state of Nebraska fits in better culturally than they did in the Big XII, to you I say, get out of the city. Other than Omaha/Lincoln (where you would fit in culturally with most bigger cities in the country), the rest of the state is culturally similar to the Kansases, Oklahomas, and even Texases of the world. Nebraska, geographically, is part of the Great Plains. The majority of the land in the state is agricultural ground, with most of that being rangeland for grazing. Does that sound more like Oklahoma or Ohio? You get west of Highway 81 and north of Hwy 30, and this state is culturally identical to Kansas/Oklahoma/most of Texas, whether that's a good or bad thing is debatable. If I have to hear another person truthfully think that Nebraska fits in culturally better with the BIG than the Big XII, I will drown a kitten.

Sorry for the rant. Maybe it's the country bumpkin coming out in me. I just liked the teams in the Big XII.

I dislike it...seems like every game is boring (I know, not everyone) and seems like every game is at 11am

This is where I'm at. We've had a few really exciting games, but IMO we'd have had the same in the B12. I hated the B12 though. If I could, I'd go back to the old Big Eight in a heartbeat. These giant conferences are ridiculous, especially when we'll be playing conference "mates" only every few years.

For those of you that think the state of Nebraska fits in better culturally than they did in the Big XII, to you I say, get out of the city. Other than Omaha/Lincoln (where you would fit in culturally with most bigger cities in the country), the rest of the state is culturally similar to the Kansases, Oklahomas, and even Texases of the world. Nebraska, geographically, is part of the Great Plains. The majority of the land in the state is agricultural ground, with most of that being rangeland for grazing. Does that sound more like Oklahoma or Ohio? You get west of Highway 81 and north of Hwy 30, and this state is culturally identical to Kansas/Oklahoma/most of Texas, whether that's a good or bad thing is debatable. If I have to hear another person truthfully think that Nebraska fits in culturally better with the BIG than the Big XII, I will drown a kitten.

I grew up in the country. I had a 400 acre field across the road to the north and a 200 acre field across the road to the west. I know very well what it's like to live in rural Nebraska, and I very much disagree with you on the culture being similar, especially throughout the Big XII.

Next to nothing in Texas is like Nebraska (I have family there). The culture is quite different, and I do not understand the pining for those schools - with the exception of A&M, who were good folks. I don't miss Texas, Texas Tech or Baylor one bit.

The only school with any kind of nostalgia would have to be Oklahoma. We steamrolled most everyone in the Big 8 for decades - the draw was an easy win. Their fans barely traveled here, and when we went to their stadiums there were more Nebraska fans there than Jayhawk fans, Cyclone fans, Wildcat fans.

Your understanding of the geography of Ohio is pretty poor. Ohio has a greater percentage of farmland (about 55%) than Nebraska (less than 40%). Outside of the large cities every single state has rural communities. Wisconsin is a major farming state. Iowa is a wash (Iowa/Iowa State). Illinois is a major farming state, rural areas outside of Chicago are nearly spot-on identical to Nebraska rural communities (I have family there).

Save the kitten. Do some research.

• Fire 3