so, listening to Sharp and Benning in the morning

74Hunter

Perlman has done nothing but stand in the way of the engine that makes not only the whole University, BUT THE WHOLE STATE, hum along. The football program is everything. He f'd it all up, and then had to cry to TO to come fix it. He did, then obviously his arrogance and jealousy got in the way again. These used to just be opinions and speculations of mine. But after what I've heard the last week or so, it's well beyond that. I'll just have to stand by my assumptions, knowing that I'll catch some hell for it. But i also know there will be just as many who agree, because they know too.

This is just wrong. Perlman is an excellent chancellor and has been great for the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. I would say that even if we had lost every football game since he had been here. We try and talk about what's important for the football team and sportsmanship, graduation rates, and staying out of trouble are always listed. The money the football team makes is a drop in the hat compared to the endowment and the federal research dollars (not to mention the tuition payments) that the university and Perlman deal with and manage.

UNL is a premier land-grand university that just happens to have a football team. I am proud to have attended UNL. I got to see a lot of great football games, but more importantly, I received a world-class education.

Hi Harvey

...so should I go back and listen to the podcast?

You're not a real fan if you don't . . .

Remember, and it's Bo and #9wins or Callahan 2.0. Those are the only choices.

Probably worse than Callahan. Without Bo Pelini UNL would probably have to shutter the football program.

Don't forget about the diamond in the rough recruits that were benevolent enough to come to Nebraska....

I heard from some people who dont even know what football is who also think he's nothing more than an arrogant a-hole. So there's that side of the coin.

That maybe true, but from an outsider's perspective I'd venture to say he's par for the course and hasn't done anything to damage the University as a whole. He seems to be leading it successfully into the future actually.

I heard from some people who dont even know what football is who also think he's nothing more than an arrogant a-hole. So there's that side of the coin.

That maybe true, but from an outsider's perspective I'd venture to say he's par for the course and hasn't done anything to damage the University as a whole. He seems to be leading it successfully into the future actually.

He may be leading the academic side of it just fine but you know just as well as I do that academics AREN'T what people associate Nebraska with and probably never will.

He may be leading the academic side of it just fine but you know just as well as I do that academics AREN'T what people associate Nebraska with and probably never will.

And you know as well as I do that Athletics are not solely what a Chancellor should be evaluated on.

And you know as well as I do that Athletics are not solely what a Chancellor should be evaluated on.

Oh I agree 100%...

My biggest problem with Harvey, and this probably goes for a lot of other folks as well, is that he meddles too much in the athletic department. You pay an athletic director. Get the hell out of the way. So while he may (and I dont know for sure. I've heard just as much good as bad here) do great things for the school academically, his hands in the athletic, and more speciifically football, cookie jar has done nothing but cause problems over the years.

And we act like Nebraska is struggling athletically or academically? This whole argument is a joke and from what I can tell is most,y based on some personal dislike for Perlman, nothing more. These same people would be screaming from their boxes if the anti-Bo crowd were speculating this much about Bo's job and the inner workings of what he does. Yet, complete speculation about Perlman and the things he's doing behind the scenes, with no real examples or proof, well that's alright. Just don't ever do that with Bo!

Fact is, just open your eyes and look and you see all you need to see. Nebraska was accepted into a prestigious academic conference in the Big Ten. Had AAU certification up until shortly after, but I'm not sure how vital that is. We just built a brand new basketball arena. Upgraded The Devaney Center which was a multi-million dollar project. Built on 6000 more seats in the East side of Memorial Stadium, where we still hold a consecutive sell out streak record. Our football team may be our most mediocre team currently. Mens basketball is on the rise after a fantastic hire in Coach Tim Miles. Women's basketball has become an annually ranked team and highly competitive nationally and within the conference. Coach Yori is a fantastic coach. The Nebraska Volleyball team compete nearly every year for National Championships. Our gymnastics are always top tier. Our track team does well. Our soccer team just came off one of their best seasons ever I believe. Our wrestling team is year in year out one of the best in the country. Hell, we are f'ing Bowling Champions for crying out loud!

But, yea....I hear the guy can be an arrogant prick sometimes.............

• Fire 1

It's no secret that BP doesn't get along with one of his superiors. That is a fact.

Bo? Really? He doesn't seem the type.

No kidding. But it's the superior's fault . . . because it's never Pelini's fault.

Dude, your comment here was straight up TROLL. You gave nothing but a snide ass comment and it isn't needed. If I were sitting across from you at the table, I'd have slapped you in the face.

#1 No. You wouldn't have.

#2 A slap? You would slap him? I was sure only people named Nancy and Sally threaten to slap people.

And we act like Nebraska is struggling athletically or academically? This whole argument is a joke and from what I can tell is most,y based on some personal dislike for Perlman, nothing more. These same people would be screaming from their boxes if the anti-Bo crowd were speculating this much about Bo's job and the inner workings of what he does. Yet, complete speculation about Perlman and the things he's doing behind the scenes, with no real examples or proof, well that's alright. Just don't ever do that with Bo!

Fact is, just open your eyes and look and you see all you need to see. Nebraska was accepted into a prestigious academic conference in the Big Ten. Had AAU certification up until shortly after, but I'm not sure how vital that is. We just built a brand new basketball arena. Upgraded The Devaney Center which was a multi-million dollar project. Built on 6000 more seats in the East side of Memorial Stadium, where we still hold a consecutive sell out streak record. Our football team may be our most mediocre team currently. Mens basketball is on the rise after a fantastic hire in Coach Tim Miles. Women's basketball has become an annually ranked team and highly competitive nationally and within the conference. Coach Yori is a fantastic coach. Our gymnastics are always top tier. Our track team does well. Our soccer team just came off one of their best seasons ever I believe. Our wrestling team is year in year out one of the best in the country. Hell, we are f'ing Bowling Champions for crying out loud!

But, yea....I hear the guy can be an arrogant prick sometimes.............

I know it...a LAWYER that is in ACADEMIA and a CHANCELLOR for a BIG TEN University is a little arrogant.

Can't believe I didn't see that one coming...