Lunch with a Husker....

Ok, time to give a little spin to HB, and have a thread where we can all relate, the respect/love of one player.

So my question to you HBers, if you could have lunch with one Husker, current or past, living or deceased (RIP), who would it be and why? Don't give just a name, give a reasoning behind your choice!

I will start....

Mine would be a family member of ours, Henry Micheal Tingelhoff, AKA "Mick Tingelhoff". From my understanding, I met him when I was younger, but sadly I don't remember. I grew up with my father always talking about him. Telling me how good of a player he was and just how vicious he was on the field. He didn't take sh#t from anyone and wasn't scared who was lined up in front of him. "This is why he had a successful career here at Nebraska and had his number retired with the Vikings" my father would tell me. I immediately idolized him, always did research on him when I could and wanted to be a Husker just like him. I wanted to be that next family member who would be in the Nebraska Hall of Fame. Well, that didn't really happen as I thought hanging with friends and drinking/partying was more important and kind of coasted through school. Anyway, I would love to go to lunch, listen to some stories he would have about his playing days and how it was playing under Bill Jennings. I always wondered why he never went into coaching, so this would probably be one of my first questions to him lol.

Ok, your turn! :)

Turner Gill. I'd like to hear stories about the early 80s Huskers, in particular the '83 team. And I'd be interested in his experiences in coaching and Christianity. I just think he'd be a really interesting guy.

Bob Devaney because he liked to drink and I like to drink and I think he would be great company.

Darin Erstad because he has 3 different perspectives of Husker athletics being a baseball and football player and now a coach.

The basketball coaches. Just listening to their press conferences makes me want to talk to them.

I'd have lunch with Suh.

He has always seemed like an interesting guy: intelligent and classy in interviews and during his time as an NU player, but unpopular and a reputation for being a dirty rage-aholic in the NFL. I'd like to hear his own thoughts on how he is perceived and see what kind of personality he really has.

Then I'd like to see how he responds when I steal his lunch.

I'd have lunch with Suh.

He has always seemed like an interesting guy: intelligent and classy in interviews and during his time as an NU player, but unpopular and a reputation for being a dirty rage-aholic in the NFL. I'd like to hear his own thoughts on how he is perceived and see what kind of personality he really has.

Then I'd like to see how he responds when I steal his lunch.

I've had a few mixed interactions with him.

He threw a basketball at a friend of mine's face from about 15 feet away in the rec once because he was talking smack.

Then I saw him eat three Jimmy John's Gargantuans in fifteen minutes.

Then I met him in the locker room last season - he was with some family with a little girl who was obviously very sick, I'm guessing some type of Make-A-Wish arrangement, but was very cordial and friendly in the few minutes I got to interact with him.