***2016 Recruiting***

Mav or anyone else hear of this kid before?

Clay Markoff out of Olympia High in Washington state?http://www.northwesteliteindex.com/2015/09/14/markoff-leading-upstart-olympia/http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1804956/clay-markoff

It's the high school I went to. I wont discount that he has heard from NU coaches, we did go to Riley's OSU camps every year and our coach teetered around taking a scouting position for Riley while with the Chargers (Glad he didn't because we know how that turned out and Coach Beattie will prolly be a state HOF inductee), but I do question to the extent of his conversations in regard to being recruited.

Anywho, kid is a beast in the weight room. Maxes out in bench over 365 and squat 475 and posted 225lbs 20 times.

Just curious if anyone has heard his name pop up mainly because of my high school connection.

Strong kid. Where did you get the weight numbers? From article you linked:

Markoff is one of the strongest players in the state, with a bench press of 410 and a 575 squat, but at 5-foot-11, he is considered to be a bit undersized.

He or a buddy posted YouTube videos of him maxing out at squat and bench, as well as the 225x20. Those were dated back to 2014 though, so yeah, good to see his weight increase. His dad was a former player and power lifter in Olympia, hardly a surprise his son is that strong.
So you're saying he comes from a naturally strong family?
  • Fire 2

Mav or anyone else hear of this kid before?

Clay Markoff out of Olympia High in Washington state?http://www.northwesteliteindex.com/2015/09/14/markoff-leading-upstart-olympia/http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1804956/clay-markoff

It's the high school I went to. I wont discount that he has heard from NU coaches, we did go to Riley's OSU camps every year and our coach teetered around taking a scouting position for Riley while with the Chargers (Glad he didn't because we know how that turned out and Coach Beattie will prolly be a state HOF inductee), but I do question to the extent of his conversations in regard to being recruited.

Anywho, kid is a beast in the weight room. Maxes out in bench over 365 and squat 475 and posted 225lbs 20 times.

Just curious if anyone has heard his name pop up mainly because of my high school connection.

Strong kid. Where did you get the weight numbers? From article you linked:

Markoff is one of the strongest players in the state, with a bench press of 410 and a 575 squat, but at 5-foot-11, he is considered to be a bit undersized.

He or a buddy posted YouTube videos of him maxing out at squat and bench, as well as the 225x20. Those were dated back to 2014 though, so yeah, good to see his weight increase. His dad was a former player and power lifter in Olympia, hardly a surprise his son is that strong.
So you're saying he comes from a naturally strong family?
*naturally* is a relative term, but he was a stout/yoked version of Mr Clean.
  • 2 weeks later...

Expect athlete Donovan McDonald to join Nebraska’s program next spring.

McDonald, a 5-11, 178-pound wide receiver and defensive back from Fork Union (Virginia) Military Academy, has been watching the Huskers practice this fall. He told The World-Herald on Tuesday that he plans to be on the team next spring as a walk-on at the very least.

OWH

Expect athlete Donovan McDonald to join Nebraska’s program next spring.

McDonald, a 5-11, 178-pound wide receiver and defensive back from Fork Union (Virginia) Military Academy, has been watching the Huskers practice this fall. He told The World-Herald on Tuesday that he plans to be on the team next spring as a walk-on at the very least.

OWH

Thats great news!!!! We need to fill up the ranks with athletes. We need to expand our walk on program big time

Expect athlete Donovan McDonald to join Nebraskas program next spring.

OWH

Thats great news!!!! We need to fill up the ranks with athletes. We need to expand our walk on program big time

Serious? You do know that about 30% of our roster for this past Saturdays game was made up of former or current walk-ons right?

• Fire 1

Clever. I wonder how effective the veiled shout-outs are to the recruits. I would guess they "get it". It's efforts like this that makes me really want this staff to pull in a killer class.

I would hope TO appreciates their strategies as well. After all, he invented many "creative" ways to compensate for recruiting disadvantages for decades. I see this as similar in some ways.