***2016 Recruiting***

Did you watch their films? It has less to do with who they are playing and more to do with how they play as individuals. Still, to respond to your comment specifically, I would say the passing attack of Bellevue West would put any secondary on their heels, and Manchigiah held his own, highlights from last season's regular season game and play-off game (his defensive highlights start at 1:45).

I'm not an expert and I don't know anything, but I read that Bootle goes up against 4 and 5 star receiving talent in practice. That doesn't exist anywhere here.

If you read the same article I did, the phrase was "top notch". According to Rivals, his HS has a three-star 2016 WR and a four-star and a three-star 2017 WR. So that's pretty good but not quite like you said.

Yes, however still adds to his point, Bootle practices against 3 better WRs everyday then the state of Nebraska has to offer any CB in this state 1-2 times per year.

Yep. I agree. He has more opportunity. Doesn't necessarily mean he's a better prospect.

I don't know either way on this one. I liked Manchigiah but he didn't turn out to be as fast as I though he was a year ago. He was low 11s in the 100 at state this year so even though the 40 times *might* be close, Bootle would seem to be significantly faster.

Well, that is kind of my point. If two prospects are nearly indistinguishable, why are we not recruiting the in-state one, if this staff wants better recruiting in Nebraska?

I'm not overly excited about Bootle but he has more upside than Manchigiah. Manchigiah does not look anything like a P5 corner.

We don't need to be offering more Nebraska kids, the staff just needs to do a good job evaluating them and getting the good ones. There just isn't much talent in the state, especially at the skill spots, most of the kids look more like walk on candidates than scholarship offer out of HS candidates.

Did you watch their films? It has less to do with who they are playing and more to do with how they play as individuals. Still, to respond to your comment specifically, I would say the passing attack of Bellevue West would put any secondary on their heels, and Manchigiah held his own, highlights from last season's regular season game and play-off game (his defensive highlights start at 1:45).

I'm not an expert and I don't know anything, but I read that Bootle goes up against 4 and 5 star receiving talent in practice. That doesn't exist anywhere here.

If you read the same article I did, the phrase was "top notch". According to Rivals, his HS has a three-star 2016 WR and a four-star and a three-star 2017 WR. So that's pretty good but not quite like you said.

Yes, however still adds to his point, Bootle practices against 3 better WRs everyday then the state of Nebraska has to offer any CB in this state 1-2 times per year.

Yep. I agree. He has more opportunity. Doesn't necessarily mean he's a better prospect.

I don't know either way on this one. I liked Manchigiah but he didn't turn out to be as fast as I though he was a year ago. He was low 11s in the 100 at state this year so even though the 40 times *might* be close, Bootle would seem to be significantly faster.

Well, that is kind of my point. If two prospects are nearly indistinguishable, why are we not recruiting the in-state one, if this staff wants better recruiting in Nebraska?

Can not go by film. Football in Nebraska is nothing like Florida and you can not teach speed.

This class will be the biggest since '08 if not bigger. Rumor has it the QB room has opened up with Fyfe losing his scholarship.

That would be really interesting if Fyfe loses his scholarship when we're about three under already. Unless they're already talking about the 2016 school year.

This class will be the biggest since '08 if not bigger. Rumor has it the QB room has opened up with Fyfe losing his scholarship.

That would be really interesting if Fyfe loses his scholarship when we're about three under already. Unless they're already talking about the 2016 school year.

Well, word is he hasn't been around for months and had reached out to another school. Maybe he didn't lose it but was encouraged to move on.

Well, word is he hasn't been around for months and had reached out to another school. Maybe he didn't lose it but was encouraged to move on.

That I could see. After it seemed like he was down the roster after spring, I thought he would at least look around.

That I could see. After it seemed like he was down the roster after spring, I thought he would at least look around.

Yep. It's probably best for both sides.

Your assumption might be wrong. Bootle got an offer after the NU coaches saw him in person, so I suspect the coaches can distinguish between the prospects.

• Fire 1

Your assumption might be wrong. Bootle got an offer after the NU coaches saw him in person, so I suspect the coaches can distinguish between the prospects.
That's fair. I can't speak for the coaches, just what I see. When I watch Bootle's film, nothing jumps out to me over when I watch Manchigiah.

That's fair. I can't speak for the coaches, just what I see. When I watch Bootle's film, nothing jumps out to me over when I watch Manchigiah.

One plays WRs from Nebraska and one plays WRs from Florida. If you can't tell a difference then it tells me Bootle is better.

• Fire 1