***2016 Recruiting***

I count 14 commits currently so that means our number must be 20 or so, seems a bit low. Maybe he meant 2/3 full?

Unless, he has some commitments that want to make wait before announcing.

Yeah, or they've done most of their evaluations just need to get the commits.

I'd say we'll end up right about 25 so I don't think the 3/4 was only referring to the number of commits.

I count 14 commits currently so that means our number must be 20 or so, seems a bit low. Maybe he meant 2/3 full?

Unless, he has some commitments that want to make wait before announcing.

Yeah, or they've done most of their evaluations just need to get the commits.

I'd say we'll end up right about 25 so I don't think the 3/4 was only referring to the number of commits.

Time to speculate who the secret commits are

Gunderson goes over a recruiting report he has passed out to the coaches. The Cornhuskers figure they can offer 22 scholarships for the 2016 class and have 13 verbal commits. Gundy and his staff have made a list of five potential recruits by position in the ‘16 and ‘17 classes and asks for the position coaches to watch video of them “if you have time.”

“It would be good to try to get some (recruits) on the phone this afternoon,” Riley suggests. “Pass the phone around (to coaches). To get them to call in today would be good, too. Some of them are starting school today; a lot of them are starting practice today.”

Link

Gunderson goes over a recruiting report he has passed out to the coaches. The Cornhuskers figure they can offer 22 scholarships for the 2016 class and have 13 verbal commits. Gundy and his staff have made a list of five potential recruits by position in the 16 and 17 classes and asks for the position coaches to watch video of them if you have time.

It would be good to try to get some (recruits) on the phone this afternoon, Riley suggests. Pass the phone around (to coaches). To get them to call in today would be good, too. Some of them are starting school today; a lot of them are starting practice today.

Link

I find it interesting that the number is 22. They are already 3 below 85 and there is always attrition each year.
  • 2 weeks later...

I thought 25 was our number but the staff recently said 22 so in that range anyway.

Domann could also play Safety and Augustus - who is listed at LB - is apparently being recruited for a Nickel spot but I think we're still looking for one more LB.

Priority:
DT - Not much that is known.
DE - Unfortunately the same as DT.
OT - We're in really good shape at OG but are in dire need of tackles. We do seem to have some interest lately.
WR - We've lost several this off-season so, while not an immediate need, it's moving up the list.

-----------------------------------------

My guess at the number for each position. Commits are capitalized in red - others are targets.

QB - 2 - TERRY WILSON, PATRICK O'BRIEN
RB - 1 - APHONSO THOMAS
WR - 2-3 - JD SPIELMAN, Roddrick Bryant, CJ Riley, Clyde Leflore-Chriss, Diondre Overton, Chase Lucas, Stephen Sullivan, Freddie Pinder, Audie Omotosho
TE - 2 - JACK STOLL, Ryan Becker, Donte Coleman
OT - 2-3 - Matt Farniok, Tremayne Anchrum, Alaric Jackson
OG/C - 2-3 - BRYAN BROKOP, JOHN RARIDON, BOE WILSON

DT - 2-3 -
DE - 2-3 - BEN STILLE, Mykelle McDaniel
LB - 3-5 - WILLIAM JOHNSON (JuCo), QUAYSHON ALEXANDER, GREG SIMMONS, JoJo DOMANN, Isaiah Simmons
CB - 2-3 - DICAPRIO BOOTLE, Lorenzo Burns, Christopher McWilliams
S - 2-3 - MARQUEL DISMUKE, Eric Burrell, Nehemiah Augustus(N)