***2016 Recruiting***

Because you can never have enough Simmons...

If we don't get Davis, we have Pleasant Grove, Alabama RB Brandon Simmons lined up for an offer.

Rivals

Uhhhh why. Now THAT is a reach.
Many of us thought Ozigbo was a reach as well.
But Ozigbo had offers from Iowa, Miami, Wisky, MissSt, Minny. This kid has a Purdue/Wake Forest offer.

Maybe the offer is at FB?

Because you can never have enough Simmons...

If we don't get Davis, we have Pleasant Grove, Alabama RB Brandon Simmons lined up for an offer.

Rivals

Uhhhh why. Now THAT is a reach.
Many of us thought Ozigbo was a reach as well.
But Ozigbo had offers from Iowa, Miami, Wisky, MissSt, Minny. This kid has a Purdue/Wake Forest offer.

Maybe the offer is at FB?

Think it has to be FB bc he is like 230 pound high schooler. With Jano gone this year a FB would have a chance to come into an offense that will utilize a FB and start for 4 years.

I do feel that we can find top of the line FBs in NE. Plenty of farm boys that can lay ya out

Truth. We should be able to find a Jano type guy once every 2-3 years or so.

With that thought process then we probable shouldnt offer a K, Punter, or Snapper either. Every 3-4 years we should be able to find a guy in state that could do those 3 things that are much less physically demanding than a FB.

I do feel that we can find top of the line FBs in NE. Plenty of farm boys that can lay ya out

With that thought process then we probable shouldnt offer a K, Punter, or Snapper either. Every 3-4 years we should be able to find a guy in state that could do those 3 things that are much less physically demanding than a FB.

We have had really good luck with walk ons at all of those positions for the most part

Things getting crazy now. Probably a lot figured out in the next 7-10 days as the JUCOs make decisions.

Priority:
DT - Not much that is known.
DE - Unfortunately the same as DT.
OT - We're in really good shape at OG but are in dire need of tackles.
WR - Two small burners. Need at least one big yet.

-----------------------------------------

My guess at the number for each position. Commits are capitalized in red - others are targets.

QB - 1 - PATRICK O'BRIEN
RB - 1-2 - TRE BRYANT, Kingston Davis
WR - 3-4 - JD SPIELMAN, DERRION GRIM, Desmond Fitzpatrick, Zach Farrar
TE - 2-3 - JACK STOLL, Tony Poljan
OT - 2-3 - Matt Farniok, Alaric Jackson, Stewart Reese, Royce Newman, Sean Foster
OG/C - 3 - BRYAN BROKOP, JOHN RARIDON, BOE WILSON

DT - 2-3 - Amir Watts
DE - 2-3 - BEN STILLE, Mykelle McDaniel, Jordan Bonner (JUCO)
LB - 4-5 - QUAYSHON ALEXANDER, GREG SIMMONS, JoJo DOMANN, Isaiah Simmons, David Reese, Cameron Goode
CB - 2-3 - DICAPRIO BOOTLE, Maurice Chandler (JUCO), Lamar Jackson, Tony Butler
S - 2-3 - MARQUEL DISMUKE, Brandon Drayton, Eric Burrell, Nehemiah Augustus, Markell Simmons (JUCO)

P/K - 1 - CALEB LIGHTBOURN

• Fire 1

We have had really good luck with walk ons at all of those positions for the most part

I agree but with 2 scholarship punters, scholarship K, and a scholarship Long snapper I think this staff is not going to count on walk-ons or an instate product to hopefully show up. They are going to go out and find the guy they want to fit their system.

Right now, Riley said, Nebraska would have around 20 commits for the class or somewhere just north of it. That situation is a “bit fluid,” he said, because of current Huskers who may transfer.

“Naturally, there’s going to be some attrition from guys who are looking for more opportunity to play possibly at other places,” Riley said. “And I’ve had private discussions with guys already who are interested in doing that. They’ve got a couple weeks to make that decision.”
Nebraska has 15 scholarship seniors. A 16th, Kevin Williams, is getting a sixth year of eligibility. I also think there’s a good chance defensive tackle Maliek Collins declares for the NFL draft, which creates 16 open spots. Big Ten teams are allowed to sign three more players than they have open scholarships so long as the roster is processed to 85 scholarships by the start of next fall camp. So, for now, 19 would be the number. Attrition would push the number up. As Riley said, expect annual attrition.

OWH