Nebraska Pro Day

Looks like 4.45 was his official fastest one...WOW

That's all he got? I ran a 4.5 40 my senior year of high school. I would have been all state if my coach weren't such a jerk.

ha! Same exact thing happened to me! Unreal!

Me too! Except mine was a 3.5 40. Handheld so add 2.4 to that.

On Drake's instagram there is a video of the whole 40. I had him at 4.25-4.3 every time. Usually I'll time a few that on the combine for fun and am pretty consistently within .1. He ran a low 4.4 at worst.
Don't forget that the camera adds 10lbs. So by my math you carry the 4, subtract the 3, compound his fractured toe, divide by the square root of 40 and you get 9865. So that's kinda slow. I think he goes undrafted. Just more proof that numbers never lie.

On Drake's instagram there is a video of the whole 40. I had him at 4.25-4.3 every time. Usually I'll time a few that on the combine for fun and am pretty consistently within .1. He ran a low 4.4 at worst.

I'm curious because I remember hearing years ago about how we have a fast track and we should tack on .10 seconds to the Pro Day 40 times as a result. Is that what NFL teams are doing with the 4.45? Is that the slower electronic time *with* the fast track (compared to the Combine) factored in, or should it be considered in the mid-4.50s in order to compare to combine results?

Taylor is hella jacked. I really woulda thought he'd post sub-4.40 numbers had he gone to the combine, which a 4.28 Pro Day number should translate to...? I guess I still don't understand how that got to be 4.45. I thought there weren't official results, anyway. So is it electronic, or some NFL scout's hand timed self report?

Taylor is hella jacked. I really woulda thought he'd post sub-4.40 numbers had he gone to the combine, which a 4.28 Pro Day number should translate to...? I guess I still don't understand how that got to be 4.45. I thought there weren't official results, anyway. So is it electronic, or some NFL scout's hand timed self report?

I don't see any electronic timing equipment in the videos so it looks to me like everything is hand-timed. There were plenty of people there - probably all with stopwatches - so someone timed him at 4.28. But there was probably one or two that were the "official" timers who had 4.45. Just my guess.

Don't forget that the camera adds 10lbs. So by my math you carry the 4, subtract the 3, compound his fractured toe, divide by the square root of 40 and you get 9865. So that's kinda slow. I think he goes undrafted. Just more proof that numbers never lie.

I counted at least 4.5 Mississippis in that video.

I don't see any electronic timing equipment in the videos so it looks to me like everything is hand-timed. There were plenty of people there - probably all with stopwatches - so someone timed him at 4.28. But there was probably one or two that were the "official" timers who had 4.45. Just my guess.

You add some time to hand-held timing because of the human error. Very common in Track and Field timing. I ran a 10.8 100m in a Class C high school my senior year. Everything was hand timed at our meets. Got hurt, didn't make state so I never ran an electronic race until college track. Was a consistent 10.95-11.10 guy with electronic timing.

It really does make a difference.

Per NFL.com Martinez ran a 4.45 40, 39" vertical, 10'9" broad jump, 4.03 shuttle and 6.85 three cone drill

Best WR 40 at the Combine this year was 4.33. 4.45 would have tied for 11th - ironically with Enunwa.

Best WR Bench was 23. Martinez's 19 would have tied for 7th - again with Enunwa

Best WR Vertical was 41.0. Martinez would have tied for 6th.

Best WR Broad Jump was 11'0". Martinez would have been 3rd

Best WR Shuttle was 3.81. Martinez would have been 11th.

Best WR Cone Drill was 6.53. Martinez would have been 16th