QB Jarrett Guarantano [Tennessee Commit]

Mavric

With tOSU current depth at QB and the fact they signed 2 QBs yesterday, do we have a legit shot if we stress the fact he would be our top pick at QB?

Well, we all thought Burrow may come here because of that same situation...so I don't know. Could definitely sell redshirting his first year and having a great opportunity to be the starter his rFR season. Ohio State definitely can't sell that.

I think the Nebraska ties were a large factor in the case of Burrows. The previous staff dropped the ball and the regime change was too late in the game to make a push.

Id say with....Im going to call him GWAR, he could be sold on a hell of an opportunity. Like you said, could be starting after a red shirt. Riley and staff will be a full year into their tenure come signing day. Seems to me that if QB heavy tOSU has him at the top of their list, we should too.

247sports.com shows at least 26 offers for Mr. Guarantano

Not sure if you were just pointing that out or noting that his profile could be updated. Traditionally, only the offers in place at the time the Huskers offered are included in the profile. You can always see current offers by going to the recruiting web pages. It's interesting to see how early - or late - the Huskers are to the party. I've thought about re-listing offers at the time of commitment but haven't gotten around to that.

• Fire 1

Sounds like he might be trending towards Rutgers.

He's on a visit there so I'm sure it's the "hot choice". I'd be very surprised if he signed there next Feb.

Maybe so but this is where I got my info. Being Rutgers is his hometown team and his dad played there might skew him in that direction. Birmingham is usually spot on and does a great job with this stuff when it comes to OSU targets.

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/forum/ohio-state-recruiting/2015/02/50122/jarrett-guarantano-update

Also, at least in OSU's case, I am sure signing Gibson and Burrow this year and already having Clark "Inked" in 2017 might sway Guarantano in another direction.