S Brian Cole [Michigan Commit]

Mavric

Sounds like he'll visit OSU too.

If he leaves Michigan, I feel this will be his landing spot.

In the position he is in, I don't understand why most kids jump ship early. Sure, if he always wanted to go to Nebraska or OSU but didn't have an offer till now and there is turmoil at UM....fine....jump and take the great offer.

BUT, if UM, OSU and Neb all had offered him and he really felt UM was the place for him before, why wouldn't you wait until you see who the new coach is? What happens if he really wants UM but doesn't like the turmoil, jumps ship and then UM goes out and hires the equivalent of the next Nick Sabin?

Unless those other offers are time sensitive where they force his hand, wait and jump later if your not impressed.

This likely would all be different if he wasn't planning on being an early enrollee. That won't happen if he plans on waiting on Michigan to hire a coach, if they want Harbaugh(I'm still not sure he'll be their guy)

In addition, the player doesn't know if the new coach will honor the offer from the last coach.

This is true, though if you can get a kid to be a cornerstone of your 1st class with his ability, you normally don't turn them down.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like he is visiting this weekend per Mike Shaefer. How big would it be to get this kid!!!!!!!!! We may have some defensive backfield depth of sorts, but we need some studs back there. Gerry has a chance, Alexander I think will be a frickin stud when he gets back, but we need some other ballers back in the safety spot. Sounds like that's where they're projecting him at anyway.

• 1 year later...