A look ahead at Nebraska's 2014 schedule

This really doesn't warrant its own thread so I'll put it here since it deals with our conference pals.

With that in mind, we're taking a look at the number of returning starts along the offensive line in the Big Ten this season. Preseason magazine guru Phil Steele has compiled a chart of career starts for every offensive line in the FBS in 2014. Here's how the league stacks up both nationally and against one another:

3. Indiana: 130 career starts

4. Minnesota: 129

19. Northwestern: 100

22. Rutgers: 99

23. Illinois: 96

46. Wisconsin: 74

66. Iowa: 62

T-68. Maryland: 61

T-68: Michigan State: 61

107. Michigan: 37

116. Nebraska: 32

117. Purdue: 31

126. Ohio State: 21

127. Penn State: 20

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=bigten&id=102185

Listening to all the talking heads, Connecticut is one of the worst areas to recruit to in college basketball. Every top coach wonders how they do it. They have had some great players, but also backups that make things happen.

Very remote is the words from local Big East coaches. Not a great drive, no city near campus. Hartford being the nearest city, hard to fly into. Most of the basketball talking heads say the same things about it as we hear about Nebraska all the time. The area is very rural, actually in the middle of field, no night life in the area

I realize we do not have the talent base population, but we are a Nationally recognized program, where UConn is a beginner comparatively.

Recruiting is a state of mind, a desire to succeed, a quality product, and knowledge of that product. But most of all developing a relationship with the high schools that you concentrate on. I think Bo has learned that lesson. He needs to have every kid in the state, want to attend Nebraska. I do not know if it s that way anymore. Kids from surrounding states wanted, lived for the chance to come to Nebraska. Those days are gone, so those are the areas that need work. And that is tough to do. I think it started changing when Tom left, fell apart duing clownahan, and Bo did not understand recruiting when he got here. It does appear to me, he has realized the error and is working hard on finding his niche to be successful.

Recruiting is also a lot easier when you're competing for championships. UConn won it all last year and has been a consistently good team in basketball for a long time now.

This really doesn't warrant its own thread so I'll put it here since it deals with our conference pals.

With that in mind, we're taking a look at the number of returning starts along the offensive line in the Big Ten this season. Preseason magazine guru Phil Steele has compiled a chart of career starts for every offensive line in the FBS in 2014. Here's how the league stacks up both nationally and against one another:

Good post. This is an interesting topic. I agree that returning starters up front is a big deal, but if your starters aren't very good then what's the point?

Also, I know Nebraska may not be returning a lot of starts up front, but I think we do have a number of guys that got some valuable game experience? I just hope we can avoid injuries and maybe see even more depth and rotation this season. I don't think I am going into this season too concerned about the offensive or defensive lines.

All the talking heads say it is one of the hardest to recruit to. Talked endlessly about it during the National Championship. Even with the wins. What I am saying, is I am tired of the excuse. We have a storied history and tradition. Although not enogh tradition to get on the Sirius battle. How did that happen.

So in other words, you are saying we are not a good team, have not been for a long time, but we continue down the same road.

It has to be one way or the other. We are not nailed to a fence, we have the ability to recruit with anyone, if we invest the time and the money to do it. We maybe moving towards that, but the last 7 years it has not even been close to top priority. You win or lose by recruiting, the higher the rank of the class overall, the higher you end up normally in the final standings. It sucks, and a lot of you do not believe it, but it is true. One team that has won the MNC in the past 14 years did not have a top five class prior to winning it. That was Ohio State and theirs was 8th or 9th. Last year Saben complained about playing in the MNC because it took time away from recruiting!!!! Priorities.

How many of those starts came from last year I wonder.

I think we'll go 9-3, a typical Bo season. Another 8-4 would be rather disappointing and Bo's status may be shakey. 7-5 and there will be revolt. 10-2 would be a hands-down success, I think we're capable of that. This will be our best D since we were in the 12 and the O will have firepower. Remains to be seen how our new starting OT's hold-up and if we can get our crap turnover-ratio turned-around. No coincidence that we won the turnover battle in the bowl and managed to pull the upset.

• Fire 1

Something to keep in mind, Iowa is a spoiler team ask Penn State or Ohio State, Northwestern is a spoiler team ask Iowa. If we are undefeated facing either team they will treat it as the super bowl, there only goal being that of ruining our season.