Sound System/ Inernet Update in Stadium

West Stadium to Incorporate Brick Design Element

Memorial Stadium improvements also include the addition of brick on the base section of West Memorial Stadium. The brick has been donated by Endicott Clay Products Co. of Endicott, Nebraska, to match the brick they have provided for other parts of the stadium. With the addition of brick on the West Stadium side, the West, North, and East Stadiums will all feature brick as a cohesive design element.

Finally good idea.

Already started ??? If so, please provide progress pictures (knapplc PhotoMan ?)

My idea: plant hedges inside east and west stands ala Georgia stadium and Mississississippippippi State.

ncf_e_hedges_300.jpg

0.jpg

Plus built-in peeing fixtures. Fertilizer is free.

Mississippi-State-pees-between-hedges-15

Of course bush variety ..... GBR leafs !

photo3.jpg

That would be silly.. why not plant a few rows of corn....

lol, corn.

That is the perception that all these young kids already have of us eyeswear2allthatsholy (think we are nothing but a bunch of dumb hicks). Need to move away from that stigma even though AG is a major portion of our State's resources!

Already started ??? If so, please need progress pictures (knapplc PhotoMan ?)

I'll try to get out there Friday or Saturday and post up some pictures. You're right, it's been a while since I've done that. I haven't even walked through the stadium for a while. Weird.

lol, corn.

That is the perception that all these young kids already have of us eyeswear2allthatsholy (think we are nothing but a bunch of dumb hicks). Need to move away from that stigma even though AG is a major portion of our State's resources!

Well let's see. We are the CORNhusker state. Our team is known as the CORNhuskers. CORN is a major resource and major tool in our economy. And whenever you go anywhere outside of an urban area, 80% of the time, you will see CORN.

So I wouldnt call this a percpetion at all. It's a simple matter of fact.

I say grow the damn corn.

It'll go hand in hand with my corn helmet.

• Fire 1

lol, corn.

Well let's see. We are the CORNhusker state. Our team is known as the CORNhuskers. CORN is a major resource and major tool in our economy. And whenever you go anywhere outside of an urban area, 80% of the time, you will see CORN.

So I wouldnt call this a percpetion at all. It's a simple matter of fact.

I say grow the damn corn.

It'll go hand in hand with my corn helmet.

Ha, I wouldn't want to be accused of throwing water on one's right to self expression Count'Bility, so by all means, shuck away! :P

Obviously beauty is in the eye of the beholder!!!!

I like the hedge idea, but it has been done. Not to excited about spindly stalks of corn going around the outside of the field. It is close enough looking form the top!!!

Hard to come up with new ideas, this place has been around a long time. I think the internet access will help the younger generation, and give them a better experience. Us blue hairs use the stuff, but my life does not revolve around the social media by any means. Too many real adventures still to tackle than spending my life texting during a football game. Maybe we could go back to smoke signals. Auto correct that. Hell of a battle with Florida State.

I appreciate the agricultural side of our state. That said, that helmet needs to die. It's hideous. We may be the Cornhuskers, but, the key word to focus in on there is HUSKERS, not CORN. I don't want our players walking around looking like a giant effing corn cob.

I appreciate the agricultural side of our state. That said, that helmet needs to die. It's hideous. We may be the Cornhuskers, but, the key word to focus in on there is HUSKERS, not CORN. I don't want our players walking around looking like a giant effing corn cob.

I actually specifically buy Nebraska shirts that say Cornhuskers rather than Huskers.

Hopefully the brick covers the wood grain in the concrete, I always thought that looked goofy.

99_big.jpg

Plain Jane

hi-res-180922287-general-view-of-memoria

Beautiful. Beautiful. BEAUTIFUL!

How far up will the brick go on the west? My guess is it covers the basic concrete looking areas. So just up to the flags in this picture. I would prefer that it went all the way up over the arched windows on the sides but it's probably not going. A welcome addition regardless.