Bo's Blowouts - analyzing the worst of the losses

Poor defense, which was being alluded to by you as well as others, leads to blowouts.

And that was exactly my point. 2014 hasn't started yet. So why is everyone so convinced were going to get blown out left and right?

Which was my point......I don't think anyone has been discussing blowouts that haven't happened yet. Just the ones that have, and why. I'm sure the hope remains that the issues are resolved.

Last years I feel were due more to injuries and inexperience where as the previous two years were due topoor tackling and wrong or overly complicated schemes.......and injuries.

We can't definitively say that though. Those also happened to be the circumstances we were put in. We really didn't have a lot of options. Inexperience was a problem created by the coaches.

From 2012.....who would start in 2014 of this crew?......Meredith, Rome, Stein, Ankrah/Martin, Compton, Fisher, Whaley, Green, Smith, Stafford, Evans.

Every one of them, because they "KNOW" the system. The same reason most of the guys who started in the past started.

IUNw6q2.jpg

• Fire 7

It doesn't matter who on the 2012 squad would start on the 2014 squad. Nebraska is more talented now than then, but it's not like that was a MAC-level team. Based on the rises/drops in talent level, you would expect a drop-off from the '09 and '10 years and also for a resurgence in '14, but you still wouldn't expect the kind of wreckage opponents from Wisconsin to UCLA to Georgia to Ohio State left behind.