Bo's Blowouts - analyzing the worst of the losses

You are suggesting that an assistant coach charging the field being partially restrained from attacking a legend of college football is normal.

Name one time, if that happened to Coach Osborne, that you would have been okay with it. Oh it never happened, wonder why?

You guys need to get off his nut sack.

You are suggesting that an assistant coach charging the field being partially restrained from attacking a legend of college football is normal.

Name one time, if that happened to Coach Osborne, that you would have been okay with it. Oh it never happened, wonder why?

You guys need to get off his nut sack.

Not sure if this is directed at me, but I'm simply correcting the common misconception about what "facts" are. Whether someone "made an ass of him/herself" is an opinion as evidenced by the subjective quality of what makes someone an ass.

The Bo hat swipe is being used as a cop out. You dont want him as coach and are unhappy he wasnt fired after Iowa? Okay, fair enough. But bringing it up 6 months after the fact isnt going to change the fact that if it were as big of a deal as its being made out to be why was he retained as coach?

There wasnt anyone better? False: If the hat swipe were termination worthy we could have found a good replacement

We are Handcuffed to Bo because of money? False: If the hat swipe was so damaging to the repuation of Nebraska Football no amount of money would be enough to stop us from clearing our good name.

Eichorst was scared to fire him? False: This isnt his first gig. Tom wouldnt have let this cat come in if he couldnt do the right thing and clearly he felt the right thing was retaining Bo, public opinion be damned.

So I dont know I guess, it wasnt as big a deal to me at the time as it was to some. Yeah I thought at the time "Oh great, more penalties, more ESPN video highlight fun, here comes the ejection." But by Bowl season Id essentially forgotten it. Mainly due to the fact we knew by then it wasnt going to cost Bo his job. Do I want him physically abusing an official? Absolutely not. It has yet to come to that point yet and I doubt it ever will.

Well at the time it was considered a classless act, also considered one of the reasons Bo did not get serious consideration for the HC job at Nebraska. I do not recall ever seeing Devaney or Osborne being restrained from physically attacking an opposing coach. I guess it could have happened.

How quickly the Bolight dissolves any negative action, as it still seems to quite well.

Again, I am in his corner this year, but saying he does not have less than a stellar past is just blindly following.

To me, he made a total ass of himself, and in honesty started my dislike for him. I have stated numerous times that I think(personally) he is making progress, working towards what is acceptable actions. He is not perfect, none of us are.

Well at the time it was considered a classless act, also considered one of the reasons Bo did not get serious consideration for the HC job at Nebraska. I do not recall ever seeing Devaney or Osborne being restrained from physically attacking an opposing coach. I guess it could have happened.

How quickly the Bolight dissolves any negative action, as it still seems to quite well.

Again, I am in his corner this year, but saying he does not have less than a stellar past is just blindly following.

To me, he made a total ass of himself, and in honesty started my dislike for him. I have stated numerous times that I think(personally) he is making progress, working towards what is acceptable actions. He is not perfect, none of us are.

Would you have Harbaugh as a coach at Nebraska? I would. An isolated episode like a fiery confrontation with an opposing coach is brushed off as nothing.

The thing with Bo is this isn't an isolated incident. At the time it more or less was, so it wasn't as big of a deal. However, this happens season after season - in some form or another. It's not something that's any long brushed aside.

The other thing that is beginning to happen season after season, is this "rebuilding of image" thing the fans all discuss? What happened to the Jack TD, prank phone thing, the dance video, etc? Those things that all proved "he was changed" became BS once the heat got turned up and he was put into a situation where he is reactionary versus calculated. For a football coach, those situations are common. Bo's going to be put in a few of them this season again...I'd put money on the reaction being far less cat-cuddly than people seem to think Bo has become.

Eh, while I think the hat incident and subsequent "fire me" presser were bad (and terminable at the time), the one thing we can't say is that that was the first time last season the heat got turned up. Bo handled several high-stress situations pretty well, including the aftermath of the Wyoming near-debacle, the UCLA collapse, the release of the audio tape by the coward, the Minny and Sparty losses...

The Iowa game wasn't the first chance Bo had to lose the goodwill he'd banked in last year's PR campaign, it was just the one where he actually did let fly. Of the incidents that day, the hat thing was by far the least of ills - the defiant, "fire me" presser was worse.

• Fire 1

Fact is fact, he made an ass of himself on National TV.

The only fact in that statement is that the game was on national tv.

While true, it was quickly picked up by ESPN and broadcast many, many, many times on the network. I remember watching ESPN later that night, and on the side ticker it said something like 'Post-Game Fire Me Tirade' with a picture of Bo, on the 'What's Next' section.

Was it broadcast live to a national audience? No. But it was certainly made available on national TV almost immediately.

• Fire 1