Bo's Blowouts - analyzing the worst of the losses

So far as I can figure, the only way to attribute fumbles to specific players is to go back through the individual games play-by-play breakdowns and look for fumbles and whether or not they resulted in change of possession.

Here's what I got for 2013:

Total fumbles: 12 recovered (16 lost) = 28 total

Redzone fumbles (play started or ended in redzone): 4 recovered (4 lost) = 8 total

Armstrong: 2 recovered ( 2 lost)

Cross: 2 (1)

TMart: 4 (1)

Kellogg: 2 (1)

Newby: 1 (2)

Enunwa: 0 (1)

Abdullah: (5)

Bell: 0 (1)

Westerkamp: 1 (2)

• Taylor had 3 fumbles in the UCLA game but lost none.
  • I found this funny: Imani Cross rush for a loss of 3 yards, fumbled, recovered by Neb Imani Cross at the Illin 22.
  • In addition to the RZ fumbles, Newby lost one at the Southern Miss 21.
  • Not a single fumble for either team in that crazy NW game.
  • Fumbled 3 times inside our own RZ in the MSU game.
  • For some reason, the play-by-play for the Penn State game isn't loading on ESPN. However, I pieced together the fumbles from game recaps from around the web-- Ameer fumbled once as did Ron. Ron had at least one fumble near end of 4th Q that was recovered. Could not tell where the Ameer fumble was, though, so it may have been a RZ fumble. EDIT: Was able to figure out fumbles using various articles and a weird drive chart I found online.
  • 2 punt return fumbles, both by Westerkamp
  • Ameer absolutely killed us with his fumbles last year. Every single one was a turnover.

Armstrong's Individual Fumbles:

Results of Fumbles (Next possession for recovering team):

Wyoming

1. (Taylor fumble at WYO 38): Brett Smith pass complete to Robert Herron for 47 yards for a TOUCHDOWN.

Southern Miss:

1. (Newby fumble at SM 21): Matthew Moseley punt for 56 yards, returned by Jamal Turner for 3 yards to the Neb 36.

UCLA:

1. (Abdullah fumble at UCLA 6): Sean Covington punt for 40 yards, fair catch by Jordan Westerkamp at the Neb 25.

South Dakota St.:

1. (Abdullah fumble at SDSU 45): Justin Syrovatka 48 yard field goal GOOD.
  2. (Bell fumble at SDSU 10): Justin Syrovatka 32 yard field goal MISSED.

Illinois:

1. (Cross fumble at ILL 19): Justin DuVernois punt for 41 yards, downed at the Neb 32.

Minnesota:

1. (Abdullah fumble at NU 47): Chris Hawthorne 26 yard field goal GOOD.

Michigan:

1. (Enunwa fumble at NU 33): End of 3rd Quarter
  2. (Westerkamp fumble on punt at NU 26): Brendan Gibbons 40 yard field goal GOOD.

MSU:

1. (Newby fumble at NU 40): Michael Geiger 45 yard field goal GOOD.
  2. (Westerkamp fumble on punt at NU 8): R.J. Shelton rush for 5 yards for a TOUCHDOWN
  3. (Armstrong fumble at NU 22): Jeremy Langford rush for 6 yards for a TOUCHDOWN.
  4. (Armstrong fumble at NU 3): Jeremy Langford rush for 3 yards for a TOUCHDOWN.

PSU:

1. (Abdullah fumble into endzone): PSU Punt after 3 and out
  2. (Kellogg fumble at NU 8): Hackenburg (QB) rush for 7 yards for a TOUCHDOWN.

Iowa:

1. (Abdullah fumble on NU 39): Mark Weisman rush for 2 yards for a TOUCHDOWN. (after a 37 yard rush on the previous play)

• UGA and NW games featured zero lost fumbles

You're welcome. I doubled checked these over and over-- I think I have mild ADHD so sometimes numbers like these tend to make my brain hurt-- AND I spilled a full mug of hot coffee all over my crotch getting these for you. Don't say I don't do nothing for ya. :lol:

• Fire 2

Outside HuskerNation, 95% of true CFB fans said Bo is a foul X-rated mouth and big time ill tempered. And head coach, Bo was worst than Lane Kiffin (falsely accused, I hope). Again, outside HuskerNation, majority of fans stuck on T-Mart poking, Leakgate, cap weapon, postgame rant pressers, etc. ....... In contrary, Jake Hoffman's thing, team meeting pranks, kindness, etc., faded memories or erase completely.

Couple of things - first, "true" college football fans? How do you qualify that? If you're going to create an imaginary pool of CFB fans and claim they think a certain thing, that's your right. Don't expect us to give you credit. What makes someone a "true" fan and someone else not one? My mom still gets confused about what the offense and defense do, but she loves the program and bleeds Husker Red. She still has a right to an opinion and it's no more worthy/unworthy than yours or anyone else.

Second, it's JACK Hoffman. So, please, just stop. That draws into serious question just how in touch with the world around you that you may/may not be, if you don't even know the first name of the boy that scored an ESPY winning touchdown and helped change the face of pediatric brain cancer awareness.

• Fire 5

So far as I can figure, the only way to attribute fumbles to specific players is to go back through the individual games play-by-play breakdowns and look for fumbles and whether or not they resulted in change of possession.

That was some good info, thanks for compiling it.

The one thing I wish you had done was show the result of those turnovers on ensuing possessions. Did the defense get us the ball right back, did we give up a field goal or did we give up a touchdown?

Outside HuskerNation, 95% of true CFB fans said Bo is a foul X-rated mouth and big time ill tempered. And head coach, Bo was worst than Lane Kiffin (falsely accused, I hope). Again, outside HuskerNation, majority of fans stuck on T-Mart poking, Leakgate, cap weapon, postgame rant pressers, etc. ....... In contrary, Jake Hoffman's thing, team meeting pranks, kindness, etc., faded memories or erase completely.

Couple of things - first, "true" college football fans? How do you qualify that? If you're going to create an imaginary pool of CFB fans and claim they think a certain thing, that's your right. Don't expect us to give you credit. What makes someone a "true" fan and someone else not one? My mom still gets confused about what the offense and defense do, but she loves the program and bleeds Husker Red. She still has a right to an opinion and it's no more worthy/unworthy than yours or anyone else.

Second, it's JACK Hoffman. So, please, just stop. That draws into serious question just how in touch with the world around you that you may/may not be, if you don't even know the first name of the boy that scored an ESPY winning touchdown and helped change the face of pediatric brain cancer awareness.

Not to piggyback on your excellent rant, Enhance, but...

Third, what the HELL is that doing in there?

grammarpolice.jpg

The one thing I wish you had done was show the result of those turnovers on ensuing possessions. Did the defense get us the ball right back, did we give up a field goal or did we give up a touchdown?

Ask and ye shall received Knapp. Updated the original post.

As you can see, defense could stand to improve. TD's allowed on 38% of fumbles lost last year.

However, the Wyoming TD pass was a somewhat fluky busted coverage, and thrice we handed MSU the ball in or just outside their redzone.

But that of course illustrates a point we already knew all too well-- we crapped the bed big-time in that Sparty game. :lol:

Overall, we allowed a score on 10/16 possessions after fumbles last year.

4 resulted in punts, one missed FG, and once the half just came to an end.

• Fire 1

As you can see, defense could stand to improve. TD's allowed on 38% of fumbles lost last year.

However, the Wyoming TD pass was a somewhat fluky busted coverage, and thrice we handed MSU the ball in or just outside their redzone.

But that of course illustrates a point we already knew all too well-- we crapped the bed big-time in that Sparty game. :lol:

Note that the defense only allowed 2 TD's when the other team got the ball outside NU's 22 (Wyoming 47 yards and Iowa 39 yards). And Wyoming was a single-play drive due to a busted coverage as mentioned. I'd say that's pretty good for the D.

Note that the defense only allowed 2 TD's when the other team got the ball outside NU's 22 (Wyoming 47 yards and Iowa 39 yards). And Wyoming was a single-play drive due to a busted coverage as mentioned. I'd say that's pretty good for the D.

Really!? That's actually really impressive.

Wait....you probably mean after a fumble.......

sh#t.....

Outside HuskerNation, 95% of true CFB fans said Bo is a foul X-rated mouth and big time ill tempered. And head coach, Bo was worst than Lane Kiffin (falsely accused, I hope). Again, outside HuskerNation, majority of fans stuck on T-Mart poking, Leakgate, cap weapon, postgame rant pressers, etc. ....... In contrary, Jake Jack Hoffman's thing, team meeting pranks, kindness, etc., faded memories or erase completely.

Please remove your scarlet glasses. "Imaginary pool" is in fact real OUTSIDE HuskerNation border.

Many fans (no biased) who respect our Huskers program but head-scratching questions about why we have put up with Bo's antics, leakgate plus a whole bunch of blowouts and no CCG trophy.

And you obviously skipped "In contrary". Bo was good for Jack Hoffman thing, team meeting pranks (i.e. cellphone), harlem dance, kindness, ......

Outside HuskerNation, 95% of true CFB fans said Bo is a foul X-rated mouth and big time ill tempered. And head coach, Bo was worst than Lane Kiffin (falsely accused, I hope). Again, outside HuskerNation, majority of fans stuck on T-Mart poking, Leakgate, cap weapon, postgame rant pressers, etc. ....... In contrary, Jake Jack Hoffman's thing, team meeting pranks, kindness, etc., faded memories or erase completely.

Please remove your scarlet glasses. "Imaginary pool" is in fact real OUTSIDE HuskerNation border.

Many fans (no biased) who respect our Huskers program but head-scratching questions about why we have put up with Bo's antics, leakgate plus a whole bunch of blowouts and no CCG trophy.

I live in Missouri, I never hear anything like this. The worst people will tell me is Nebraska ran from the Big12 to go to a "weaker" conference. I doubt most MIZWHO fans even know who the coach of Nebraska is. From the Husker fans I meet at watch parties for away games, I get nothing but love for Bo and the team. The biased fans are the Boelavers and the vast majority of them live in Nebraska.