Bo's Blowouts - analyzing the worst of the losses

I feel pretty confident in saying anyone trying to quibble over what exactly is a blowout or discuss which losses "didn't matter" couldn't be farther from the point if they were on a meteor speeding away from the planet.

I don't understand this. What are you trying to say?

Some losses are worse than others. All wins are not created equal. Nine win streaks and four loss streaks really don't tell the story. I am much more concerned with how we show up and play the game than with the W or L or record at the end of the season. However, those W's and L's, and how bad or impressive they are/were, do give us some indication of how the team is performing. What the Pelini years reveal is that we have had scarce few good wins or losses and a plethora of bad losses and unimpressive wins. Classifying which games are which is a healthy exercise IMO.

Using the 10+ point criteria...USC has been blown out 10 times since 08, Texas has 15 and Michigan has 19. There are many other teams that have gone through the same. I picked these 3 cause they are considered " blue bloods" in football also.

All of those programs have fired their head coach at least once during this period, though.

Outside HuskerNation, 95% of true CFB fans said Bo is a foul X-rated mouth and big time ill tempered. And head coach, Bo was worst than Lane Kiffin (falsely accused, I hope). Again, outside HuskerNation, majority of fans stuck on T-Mart poking, Leakgate, cap weapon, postgame rant pressers, etc. ....... In contrary, Jake Hoffman's thing, team meeting pranks, kindness, etc., faded memories or erase completely.

Using the 10+ point criteria...USC has been blown out 10 times since 08, Texas has 15 and Michigan has 19. There are many other teams that have gone through the same. I picked these 3 cause they are considered " blue bloods" in football also.

All of those programs have fired their head coach at least once during this period, though.

All have also had much worse seasons, to be fair.

Outside HuskerNation, 95% of true CFB fans said Bo is a foul X-rated mouth and big time ill tempered. And head coach, Bo was worst than Lane Kiffin (falsely accused, I hope). Again, outside HuskerNation, majority of fans stuck on T-Mart poking, Leakgate, cap weapon, postgame rant pressers, etc. ....... In contrary, Jake Hoffman's thing, team meeting pranks, kindness, etc., faded memories or erase completely.

Made up facts are swell.

I do think there is a hangover effect after turnovers it seems.
You might be onto something sir...I feel turnovers on offense can really affect a team as a whole. However, it's up to the team to be mentally ready and resilient to turnover problems. I'd like to crunch some #'s sometime and find out a percentage of team's losses if they lose the turnover battle.

Bingo. The most important thing, mo-men-tum changer.

No stats on momentum

Made up facts are swell.

Nope, real facts. OU Nation checking in.

Flood said: (HB member)

Tampa, Florida checking in. I also know tons of CFB fans, mostly SEC and of course all the Florida teams.

I have seen nothing but respect for NU as a team and program, and historic power. I still run into Gator fans that squirm with bad memories of a particular Fiesta Bowl, but even they have respect for the program.

There ARE some head-scratching questions about why we have put up with Bo's antics, and about how soon, if ever, we will either get over the hump, or get a championship of some sort, or if we let Bo go first. They are also understanding of the great record, always 9-10 win seasons, but as stumped as anyone as to why we can't quite get a couple more here and there.

I can agree with that as far as KState, Mizzou, Iowa State and the immediate area. I do not think that is true in Alabama, SoCal, Oregon or other major football communities Knapplc. I understand not caring about what your rivals think about our head coach, but it stretches to areas where they really should not even know who our head coach is, or even care. Those are the ones that concern, well makes me wonder, what damage he has done to the image of the program.

And this is where the concern from the University comes in. I truly think, the reasons for the PR drive. I know locals, and the younger group represented here could care less, but our booster base does care, I am sure.

We could have the love child of Pope Francis and Jennifer Lawrence as our head coach and fans of other teams would hate him and want his ass fired.

Fans of our team would hate him too.

At least Creighton Duke would..

Yeah that Jennifer Lawrence has such a crappy attitude I just can't stand her.

• Fire 2