Will Taylor Martinez play in the NFL?

I find it interesting that he signed a 3 year deal (if Casey Martinez is telling the truth). Maybe they want him as a practice squad guy and see if they can work on some QB stuff (mechanics) with him for a couple of years. Either way a Chip Kelly offense seems like the best possible fit for him.

I find it interesting that he signed a 3 year deal (if Casey Martinez is telling the truth). Maybe they want him as a practice squad guy and see if they can work on some QB stuff (mechanics) with him for a couple of years. Either way a Chip Kelly offense seems like the best possible fit for him.

I'm sure none of it is guaranteed. He'll go to camp and if it doesn't work they cut him and owe him (basically) nothing. If they find a spot for him, they have him locked up for awhile.

Will Taylor play in the NFL? None of this know this answer, because it is all on Taylor. Its up to him on how hard he wants to work, and how willing he is to play other positions.

What we do know, Taylor has stated that he doesn't care what or where he plays, he is an "athlete" and is open for whatever.

Now, do I think he can play in the NFL? Hell yes I do. This kid may not play QB, but he has the quickness, build and work ethic to play RB, PR/KR, S, and WR. He will find his way to make the roster with the Eagles. Chip's offense fits extremely well with Taylor's strong suits.

Best of luck to him too, I know I will be rooting for this kid. He deserves it.

• Fire 1

He's got a tough road ahead of him, obviously, given he spent so much time playing QB in college. But, he's got a shot. I'd be very surprised to see him play significant time or a significant role in the NFL, but if he sticks at it and works hard, you never know. Best of luck to him.