Noteworthy Movie Actors

I like Robert De Niro's older movies (Goodfellas, Cape Fear, Taxi Driver) so he is one of my all time favorites. I like DiCaprio's movies too. The Wolf of Wall Street was insane. Catch Me If You Can was great.

I also like William H Macy, Tom Sizemore, Ray Liotta. Pacino in Scarface, Heat and as Sonny in the Godfather series. Christian Bale in all 3 of the Batman's which I love.

I avoid Julia Roberts movies as well as Shia Ledoof.

I'm also a sucker for a good Arnold old school action flick. Don't hate!

giphy.gif

Costner was in Open Range, so that gets him an A for me. The gun fight in that movie is simply amazing.

Hiring guns and corrupt marshal's gang (bad guys) was an Imperial Stormtrooper's ancestors. I agree, amazing but unrealistic.

troopers.jpg

Something unrealistic in a movie? No way.

Costner was in Open Range, so that gets him an A for me. The gun fight in that movie is simply amazing.

Hiring guns and corrupt marshal's gang (bad guys) was an Imperial Stormtrooper's ancestors. I agree, amazing but unrealistic.

troopers.jpg

Missing targets in close range. Especially crooked Denton Baxter was shot numerous times in close range (Boss) yet still alive and conscious ! Or else wearing bulletproof vest or maybe BB gun. And Charley & Boss equipped with stealth gadget and thus immune bullet paths. Yes, unrealistic I say.

However I enjoyed this movie except ending scenes. Typical love story and happy ending :rolleyes: . I prefer Charley or Sue or both died after gunfight victory ..... like Morgan Wyatt in Tombstone movie.

• 3 weeks later...

I think guys don't like Leonardo 'cause he's super attractive in a "pretty" way. I also think that's why he hasn't won an Oscar. I think he was deserving for 2-3 movies he was in but his good looks got in the way.

The-Departed-leonardo-dicaprio-26070731-

Yeah, that's true. But it seems like DiCaprio has taken on more scruffy, seedy roles lately. He certainly wasn't a pretty boy in The Departed.

For me, I put Leonardo DiCaprio in the same category as Kevin Costner, Robert Redford and Tom Cruise. I don't care much for their acting skills, but I almost always like the movies they appear in. :lol:

I think guys don't like Leonardo 'cause he's super attractive in a "pretty" way. I also think that's why he hasn't won an Oscar. I think he was deserving for 2-3 movies he was in but his good looks got in the way.

I think McConaughey got in the way last year, just about any other year he takes home an Oscar for The Wolf of Wall Street.

Kind of hard to argue with McConaughey though, he won an Oscar for Dallas Buyer's Club, well-deserved, but that was his second best performance of the year (True Detective being his best). Plus he gets extra credit for the chest pounding thing in The Wolf of Wall Street.

But I agree DiCaprio is a really under-appreciated actor.

Three or more movie repeats? My first thoughts ......

Back to the Future - at least 5 times

Shining - ditto; at least 5 times

Forrest Gump - ditto

Rocky - ditto. However Rocky II thru Rocky whatever, sucks (and corny too)

Airplane! - ditto

The Postman (1997) - ditto. Very unusually huh? But I loved it for some reason

Terminator 2 - ditto

Wizard of Oz - ditto

Night of the Living Dead (B/W original) - ditto

Full Metal Jacket especially Marines boot camp scenes - ditto

or course some more ....

How about you?

troopers.jpg

Missing targets in close range. Especially crooked Denton Baxter was shot numerous times in close range (Boss) yet still alive and conscious ! Or else wearing bulletproof vest or maybe BB gun. And Charley & Boss equipped with stealth gadget and thus immune bullet paths. Yes, unrealistic I say.

However I enjoyed this movie except ending scenes. Typical love story and happy ending :rolleyes: . I prefer Charley or Sue or both died after gunfight victory ..... like Morgan Wyatt in Tombstone movie.

You sound like a critic. Movies don't have to be realistic, they are suppose to be entertaining and escape from everyday life.

Besides, if you have ever read any history about the old west, missing at point blank range was very common. Those guns were not very accurate and the misfired all the time. You don't have to look any farther than the gun fight at OK Corral to see inaccurate gun fighting at close range. By the way how did Wyatt Earp come out of that without a scratch? :ahhhhhhhh