Children and immigration reform

1 hour ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Without immigrants our economy, as we know it, will not survive

I don’t believe anyone is making this argument (with the possible exception of extremists you might find on social media who are dumbasses)

The questions are and always has been, 1)  how many can the country handle each year to properly process and allow for them to assimilate properly and not overrun existing infrastructure to help the immigrants get situated and on a path to citizenship.  And #2) how do we do this securely and in a controlled environment.   I haven’t seen the argument if we shouldn’t have immigrants.  If someone IS trying to make that argument, they are wrong 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

32 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I don’t believe anyone is making this argument (with the possible exception of extremists you might find on social media who are dumbasses)

The questions are and always has been, 1)  how many can the country handle each year to properly process and allow for them to assimilate properly and not overrun existing infrastructure to help the immigrants get situated and on a path to citizenship.  And #2) how do we do this securely and in a controlled environment.   I haven’t seen the argument if we shouldn’t have immigrants.  If someone IS trying to make that argument, they are wrong 

a very prominent leader of a huge cult says that immigrants are poisoning the blood of our country.  and his political party believes a huge wall to keep all of them from s#!t hole countries out is the answer..  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 2
20 minutes ago, commando said:

a very prominent leader of a huge cult says that immigrants are poisoning the blood of our country.  and his political party believes a huge wall to keep all of them from s#!t hole countries out is the answer..  

a huge wall isn’t trying to keep all immigrants out.  A huge wall is trying to get immigrants to come in legally through ports of entry.   

• Haha 4
  • TBH 2

7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

@Archy1221 Man, they must have a lot of immigrants if they had to close all these schools for them.

https://abc7ny.com/community/schoolclosings/

It’s possible.  

It’s also possible that you showed 4 total school districts closed out of the entire Tri state area that aren’t super close in relation to James Madison to end up not even making a point:thumbs

Heck, there are schools districts just in the metro are I live in that don’t all close when a storm hits.  If you care to know why, it’s because storms don’t always impact a large swath of area equally especially when it comes to snow.  

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1
16 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

:facepalm:

Back when America was great, we would have honored the brief and minor sacrifice made by students to help the less fortunate left freezing in the cold. This is literally the Christian thing to do.

The larger immigration immigration issue is left to be resolved, and New York is struggling with the surge, but this singular moment is simply about shared humanity. 

But if you read the Comments section, it get ugly quick. Let's stop pretending this has anything to do with paths to citizenship and more efficient assimilation. The GOP will now be playing the Poisoning Our Well card whenever possible. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • TBH 2
2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Man @BigRedBuster a balmy 48 degrees in Brooklyn today.   Typical for a weather closure?!?!  I mean another school district closed Somewhere. 

I get it.  You don't realize there are other reasons than cold and snow that schools close.

https://www.fox5ny.com/news/ny-nj-school-closings-delays-storm

And, I agree with @Guy Chamberlin that this is the Christian thing to do.  Now, I would start thinking along your opinion if the school stays closed while housing immigrants.  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

get it.  You don't realize there are other reasons than cold and snow that schools close.

And I get it that you don’t seem to understand where the actual school in question is located when you tried to make a funny about other schools closing.  

The immigration issue so bad that we know have kids having their schools close so immigrants can be housed there, however temporarily it is.   And you try to to discount this as a “oh well, other schools closed because of weather so this is no big deal” :facepalm:

14 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

get it.  You don't realize there are other reasons than cold and snow that schools close.

And I get it that you don’t seem to understand where the actual school in question is located when you tried to make a funny about other schools closing.  

The immigration issue so bad that we know have kids having their schools close so immigrants can be housed there, however temporarily it is.   And you try to to discount this as a “oh well, other schools closed because of weather so this is no big deal” :facepalm:

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1

1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

And you don't know how to post. :laughpound

You tried to show that this was some horrible situation where the school was specifically shut down for the soul purpose of housing the immigrants.  And you failed.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

You tried to show that this was some horrible situation where the school was specifically shut down for the soul purpose of housing the immigrants. 

Is there another reason the school was closed to students? 

• Haha 1
  • TBH 2
3 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Back when America was great, we would have honored the brief and minor sacrifice made by students to help the less fortunate left freezing in the cold. This is literally the Christian thing to do.

The larger immigration immigration issue is left to be resolved, and New York is struggling with the surge, but this singular moment is simply about shared humanity. 

But if you read the Comments section, it get ugly quick. Let's stop pretending this has anything to do with paths to citizenship and more efficient assimilation. The GOP will now be playing the Poisoning Our Well card whenever possible. 

I wasn't expecting an argument that school policy should be based on Christian doctrine.

• Haha 2
  • TBH 1
36 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Yeah, but I'm arguing with the people who like to think of themselves as Christians. 

Old testament, new testament, or revelations Christians?

• TBH 1