Trash Talkin' Northwestern

Fitz is trying to have some fun and he knows he can't talk about anything on the field. So he makes a joke that nearly all of our opponents have said for years. Heck Bob Costas even poked fun at the fact that there are no other major universities or pro teams within our borders after the 95 Orange Bowl win.

Let him enjoy this now. Husker Nation will remind him how we love football at his crib.

I think this is just him cracking a joke for the fun of it.

Down deep by saying what he has said, he is tearing down NW fans because of how well Nebraska travels. I suspect when he looked up into his home stadium when we played them a few years back, he thought WTF, how is it possible that there is more Nebraska fans here than our own fans? The response he shared Monday was obviously his way of rationalizing (in a fun way) why Nebraskan’s take the time to travel to the game. Just a note for you Pat, Husker fans are vested in the program and players because of the rich tradition we have. We don’t just show up in the good times like the brain trust up there in Chi town!

By the way ~ it’s called “Loyalty”. See if some of your scholars can figure out the definition and relay it to you while someone else wipes the sweat off your brow! See you soon, we will be the ones in Red! :clap

Down deep by saying what he has said, he is tearing down NW fans because of how well Nebraska travels. I suspect when he looked up into his home stadium when we played them a few years back, he thought WTF, how is it possible that there is more Nebraska fans here than our own fans? The response he shared Monday was obviously his way of rationalizing (in a fun way) why Nebraskan’s take the time to travel to the game. Just a note for you Pat, Husker fans are vested in the program and players because of the rich tradition we have. We don’t just show up in the good times like the brain trust up there in Chi town!

By the way ~ it’s called “Loyalty”. See if some of your scholars can figure out the definition and relay it to you while someone else wipes the sweat off your brow! See you soon, we will be the ones in Red! :clap

My understanding this shouldn't have shocked him because it also happens when the visitor is Ohio St,, Michigan, Wisconsin . . . .

My understanding this shouldn't have shocked him because it also happens when the visitor is Ohio St,, Michigan, Wisconsin . . . .

Not sure what their place looks like when those you mentioned play there but BrayWyatt's image above is pretty telling! +1 Bray

If anything, we can kind of take this as a back-handed compliment. He's just annoyed that Husker fans filled out his stadium in the last go around. It's fun to talk about but I don't think this is anything that interesting, and certainly not bulletin board material. I also think I heard someone mention yesterday that he said this in front of a bunch of NW alumni or boosters or something of that nature. I'm sure coaches always say interesting things when they're in that setting.

You know that the hail mary pass is a thorn in his side. That connection from RK3 to Wester'stache changed the season for both teams. It's understandable that he would have a few barbs toward NU's fan base.

Knapplc, if those end zone photos are from you, then you must have been right by me, and the "Lincoln's that way" guy. With it being a night game it might be fun to have a HB tailgate this year.