Trash Talkin' Northwestern

Knapplc, if those end zone photos are from you, then you must have been right by me, and the "Lincoln's that way" guy. With it being a night game it might be fun to have a HB tailgate this year.

They are!

Not sure if I'm going to make it to Evanston this year. Would really like to, but the Fall is shaping up to be pretty busy for me.

I think a lot of Nebraskans would take the whole "boring place" comment as a compliment. Most people I know like it here in Nebraska for exactly that reason. Pretty laid back, somewhat uneventful, easy living.

Plus, Pat Fitzgerald is the coach at Northwestern. It's Northwestern. If we weren't in the same conference as them now, the only thing I would remember about them is Dan Alexander cornholing them play after play after play. Didn't we score 66 points or something like that? We are THE NU, they are nw. It will always be like that, we will always own them, and to me, there's nothing boring about that.

Knapplc, if those end zone photos are from you, then you must have been right by me, and the "Lincoln's that way" guy. With it being a night game it might be fun to have a HB tailgate this year.

They are!

Not sure if I'm going to make it to Evanston this year. Would really like to, but the Fall is shaping up to be pretty busy for me.

I was a few rows behind ya also Knapp, wearing overalls and a red straw hat, had to get the stereotypical Nebraskan vision for them. Had a cop stop me and tell me I was who he was thinking of when he thought Nebraska.

• Fire 1

I think a lot of Nebraskans would take the whole "boring place" comment as a compliment. Most people I know like it here in Nebraska for exactly that reason. Pretty laid back, somewhat uneventful, easy living.

Plus, Pat Fitzgerald is the coach at Northwestern. It's Northwestern. If we weren't in the same conference as them now, the only thing I would remember about them is Dan Alexander cornholing them play after play after play. Didn't we score 66 points or something like that? We are THE NU, they are nw. It will always be like that, we will always own them, and to me, there's nothing boring about that.

If I recall correctly, that whooping was precipitated by some jousting and name-calling at the dual team meal the night before the game.

Evidently it got pretty heated because I've never seen Frank so animated about just putting our foot on their throat and twisting. The only time I remember FS deliberately running it up.

If I recall correctly, that whooping was precipitated by some jousting and name-calling at the dual team meal the night before the game.

Evidently it got pretty heated because I've never seen Frank so animated about just putting our foot on their throat and twisting. The only time I remember FS deliberately running it up.

Wow, I didn't know about the whole trash talking thing. That makes that victory even sweeter. I have that game on tape. I'm gonna go back and watch it just to see if I can see the look of enjoyment on Frank's face as we ran all over them. Alexander had 240 yards on 20 carries, which I believe is still an Alamo Bowl record. They don't belong on the field with us, not then, not now. We just have to do a better job of showing it lately. I realize Fitzgerald didn't really say anything too negative, but I could only suggest he focus on his team and his fans, neither of which is all that impressive.

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/article/20140723/BLOGS04/140729920?template=mobile

NU is letting fans bid for a week to gauge what people are willing to pay before setting that premium price, which will be posted July 31.

For both games, the school is estimating based on previous game data that end zone seats will start between $70 to $100, corner sideline seats between $80 and $120 and goal sideline seats between $90 and $130.

Estimated sideline seat starting prices are $140 to $160 for the Michigan game and $150 to $170 for the Nebraska game.

Each bid costs 10 cents.