Trash Talkin' Northwestern

A bit surprised by his comments.

He's always been a pretty classy guy.

Maybe he is starting to believe the over-saturated hype about himself..........?

I think he was trying to be funny after a day of golf at a fund raiser. Hard to tell if he was smiling in print.

Chicago is a nice place to visit, but I don't want to live there.

Nebraska is probably pretty low on the fun to visit list, but I think it is one of the best places to live. I guess that's why I turned down opportunities to live elsewhere, but what do I know? :dunno

Chicago is a great place to visit and besides the traffic I love living here.

• Fire 1

Nebraska is probably pretty low on the fun to visit list, but I think it is one of the best places to live. I guess that's why I turned down opportunities to live elsewhere, but what do I know? :dunno

Work might be sending me that way soon and I am just fine with it. Expenses paid trip to Chicago!
  • Fire 1

Work might be sending me that way soon and I am just fine with it. Expenses paid trip to Chicago!

Congrats!

None of these Big 10 teams get me riled up.

Northwestern certainly doesn't.

I feel sorry for them. After what happened to them last year. They had the "Game of the Century" at Ryan Field last year against the Bucks and right up to game time they were trying to convince themselves the home crowd in Evanston gave a flying leap.

And then they lost a close one. And then their entire season circled the drain. And even by NW standards it was pretty much horrid.

Pat went from being one of the most sought after coaches to "just a guy."

I would agree that he's probably not talking smack here. But, even if he was dead serious, all I could do about it would be to break out in a light chuckle.

Meh, seems like a pretty quality dude to me. Just being stupid / funny while trash talking.

Given the choice as NW head coach, I'm sure he would rather have Nebraska's following, history, and passion. Should be flattered by his jealousy.

After all, the size and culture of Chicago doesn't seem to hinder the following of the Bears or Cubs.

I have heard good things about the town, from my wife and son. Since they both have had to go there for work, for their jobs in AZ. Haven't heard either one say they would like to live there.

Son a Bears fan, and his boss a season ticket holder, so it works well for him. He got to meet some of the players and went to a party, at one of there houses.

I have to see Chicago this year on our road trip, { wife said so], so will see what it is like, first hand. Should be fun to at least visit. Right???

GBR!!!