Reference Point of Other Teams' Success Against Top 25

This is my point about Pelini critics...the blowouts are the focus. The "troubling trend" has been and is being addressed. Those scores are not news flashes....."most" of us remember them well.

And that's my point with you - the blowouts are his issues. So if we're going to talk about his issues, then we're going to bring up his blowouts. Has "been" addressed? As in past tense? How do you figure? Are you basing that on the lack of blowouts last year, because they were still there. The improvements in turnovers? Because that's still there. The coaches have been addressing these issues for the last 3 seasons, so do you seriously believe they've been addressed without seeing a single snap yet?

Bottom line, we still get blown out twice a season, we are still one of the worst teams in the nation when you talk about turnovers, and we still would get trounced by an 8th grade football team in punt coverage. Until I see a handful of games that prove otherwise, this is the team I know. I don't see practices, I don't sit in the meetings. So until proven otherwise, we're a 2 blowout a year squad, that ranks 100+ in turnovers and can't defend a punt.

Talent solves a lot of issues.

So does coaching.

I'm not real interested in a circular debate.....Pelini coached the 2009 defense.

with talent he didn't recruit

This is my point about Pelini critics...the blowouts are the focus. The "troubling trend" has been and is being addressed. Those scores are not news flashes....."most" of us remember them well.

And that's my point with you - the blowouts are his issues. So if we're going to talk about his issues, then we're going to bring up his blowouts. Has "been" addressed? As in past tense? How do you figure? Are you basing that on the lack of blowouts last year, because they were still there. The improvements in turnovers? Because that's still there. The coaches have been addressing these issues for the last 3 seasons, so do you seriously believe they've been addressed without seeing a single snap yet?

Bottom line, we still get blown out twice a season, we are still one of the worst teams in the nation when you talk about turnovers, and we still would get trounced by an 8th grade football team in punt coverage. Until I see a handful of games that prove otherwise, this is the team I know. I don't see practices, I don't sit in the meetings. So until proven otherwise, we're a 2 blowout a year squad, that ranks 100+ in turnovers and can't defend a punt.

So does coaching.

I'm not real interested in a circular debate.....Pelini coached the 2009 defense.

Yep

I could care less where we fall ranked against another division or anyone for that matter, what I CARE about, is the 43% win ration we have going on! Its not like we have really faced elite competition (outside of maybe MSU last year). IMO, this number should be well above 50% for me to even feel comfortable to bring it to mention.

So does coaching.

Maybe I'm crazy, but didn't you say coaching solves blowout wins after he said talent helps?

Which is it? Coaching or talent?

Both. One can partially make up for a lack of the other (2009) - but when you lack both, you get 2012/2013 - and a continuation of the blowouts we experience season after season.

Or did we have both in 2009 and lacked talent in 2012? You don't win 9-10 games if you lack both.

Or did we have both in 2009 and lacked talent in 2012? You don't win 9-10 games if you lack both.

You could also say you don't lose 4 games if you have both, (you definitely don't lose multiple in blowout fashion). Only time will tell. Hope I'm wrong. I personally think we're severely lacking on the coaching side, but not entirely at the HC level either. I'm more concerned with JP/Beck at this point than I am Bo - but those that have seen me post know I would take 2 of the best coordinators in the game over the best coach any day of the week. I think they impact the play on the field far more than the HC, especially when you have an inexperienced HC.

I would say the SEC record is slightly embelished due to the overwhelming forgiveness the rankings grant an SEC team. If you are ranked and lose to a rankd you shouldnt drop because.......SEC.

We have had the misfortune of losing some close games and losing embarassingly lopsided games to ranked opponents we shouldve beat. But we have also had the misfortune of playing and beating teams a week after they fell out of the rankings it seems. Our opponents dont do us any favors but go figure.

Both. One can partially make up for a lack of the other (2009) - but when you lack both, you get 2012/2013 - and a continuation of the blowouts we experience season after season.

Since we are beating a dead horse here, do I need to point out that the years you point out 2012/2013 were affected by bad recruiting classes and multiple injuries?

We saw at the end of last year that the recruiting has greatly improved since Bo's first two classes (looking at the defensive side) but it is hard to overcome losing a 4 year starter at QB, multiple receivers, and half the OLine.

You can't blame the defense for the losses to MSU and Iowa. They can only stop a drive starting at their own 5 yard like so many times.

• Fire 2

I would say the SEC record is slightly embelished due to the overwhelming forgiveness the rankings grant an SEC team. If you are ranked and lose to a rankd you shouldnt drop because.......SEC.

We have had the misfortune of losing some close games and losing embarassingly lopsided games to ranked opponents we shouldve beat. But we have also had the misfortune of playing and beating teams a week after they fell out of the rankings it seems. Our opponents dont do us any favors but go figure.

I suppose we can go back and look at the SEC bias but I think the polls have been pretty fair with NU for the most part during Pelini's tenure. Again, phones were quiet at the office so I had some free time. I used huskers.com for reference:

09/10: Went from #19-#25 after a 1 point loss to #13 Virginia Tech

09/10: Went from #15-NR after 21 point loss to unranked Texas Tech

09/10: Went from #22-#20 after a 1 point loss to #3 Texas

10/11: Went from #5-#14 after a 7 point loss to unranked Texas

10/11: Went from #9-#16 after a 3 point loss to #18 Texas A & M

10/11: Went from #13-#17 after a 3 point loss to #10 Oklahoma

11/12: Went from #8-#14 after a 31 point loss to #7 Wisconsin

11/12: Went from #9-#19 after a 3 point loss to unranked Northwestern

11/12: Went from #17-#22 after a 28 point loss to #20 Michigan

11/12: Went from #22-unranked after a 13 point win against unranked Iowa

12/13: Went from #16-unranked after a 6 point loss to #22 UCLA

12/13: Went from #21-unranked after a 25 point loss to #12 Ohio State