Alexander Suspended Whole Season!

I just don't understand...........if it's bad enough for a year suspension, why in the f is he still on scholly? I think that's taking our commitment a little bit too far, imo.

Kicked Avery Moss off scholarship...

So by the big boy standard, his deal is way worse than hitting a woman?

Way worse than hitting a woman but less serious than showing her your junk. There's a fine line there, trust me...

I just don't understand...........if it's bad enough for a year suspension, why in the f is he still on scholly? I think that's taking our commitment a little bit too far, imo.

Or it could be that Nebraska is a bit harsher on penalties than a certain conference down south, and it seems to be a bigger deal.

Or it could be that Nebraska is a bit harsher on penalties than a certain conference down south, and it seems to be a bigger deal.
No argument, I'm sure we're harsher than "them". But seriously, what falls in between a one year suspension and not getting your scholly pulled? I thought part of the deal with the scholly was that the school gets some benefit too.

But seriously, what falls in between a one year suspension and not getting your scholly pulled?

Failing an NCAA drug test

If it was one of the DL's or LB's I would be worried. Yes it sucks but to me it happened to the position I don't have as much worry for.

Disagree. Our once somewhat deep and talented secondary just lost 2projected starters. God forbid losing Cooper, or even Gerry. This is really, really bad. An injury to one of them and a freshman is in the game.

Just can't catch a break. We're now once again paper thin in the secondary, yet expectations are that we're supposed to win the conference.

What's next? ?

still gonna be practicing with the team for the whole year would narrow it down in many ways.... so we know its not a thing within the team or the coaching as they still want him around... so I'm sure its something where their hands are tied and its was a penalty that had to be doled out....

If it was one of the DL's or LB's I would be worried. Yes it sucks but to me it happened to the position I don't have as much worry for.

Disagree. Our once somewhat deep and talented secondary just lost 2projected starters. God forbid losing Cooper, or even Gerry. This is really, really bad. An injury to one of them and a freshman is in the game.

Just can't catch a break. We're now once again paper thin in the secondary, yet expectations are that we're supposed to win the conference.

What's next? ?

So all the positive news about Davie, Cockrell, Rose, Williams, etc...we are to believe we aren't deeper than we thought?

What's next? ?

So all the positive news about Davie, Cockrell, Rose, Williams, etc...we are to believe we aren't deeper than we thought?

I'm not sure about Rose/Davie since they are pure CB's are we haven't had any big changes we didn't know about. Cockrell is a good surprise. But even bigger is the late addition of Williams....even though he is still learned, from all reports he fits in athletically and could play now. I also think the level all 3 freshman are playing at is a nice surprise, Jones/Kalu/Mosley are all giving the coaches options. I am with you, we have more able bodies to fill in then we thought we would of if they things happened a month ago.

My guess is somewhere between Quinten Castille, (suspended indefinately), and performance enhancing drugs slap on the wrist couple game suspension. Doesn't do any good to speculate though we could all be completely off with what happened. Adversity builds character and these guys are gonna have plenty of it come season end at this going rate.

Getting to the top doesn't come without it. Gonna show what this team is made of.