Goalposts coming down in Lincoln

Nebraska has not done this for some time as people have mentioned and I do not expect it to change this year. Besides that, we are Nebraska and need to set the bar higher than the rest!

I say next time we win that proverbial "Big game" at home, we tear down the "Big Screen"... :dunno :waste:cop: :laughpound That will get the nation’s attention... as we would have set the bar higher than those who want to compare themselves to the Huskers! eyeswear2allthatsholy eyeswear2allthatsholy

GBR!!!

Nebraska has not done this for some time as people have mentioned and I do not expect it to change this year. Besides that, we are Nebraska and need to set the bar higher than the rest!

I say next time we win that proverbial "Big game" at home, we tear down the "Big Screen"... :dunno :waste:cop: :laughpound That will get the nations attention... as we would have set the bar higher than those who want to compare themselves to the Huskers! eyeswear2allthatsholy eyeswear2allthatsholy

GBR!!!

Makes sense.

I don't even remember the last time I saw goalposts get torn down. Whenever they even hint about it on TV, there seems to be like 50 cops near the endzone.

Kansas last year. After beating a 4-6 WV team.

http://gamedayr.com/lifestyle/fans/photo-kansas-goalposts-suv-89061/

BZTg92sIUAAXyvD.jpg

Kansas still has a team? lol...

i thought they did that as part of the demo because they were disbanding the program.

I've wavered back and forth on stuff like this over the years. Today I'm of the opinion that college football should be fun, and with all the changes to the game over the past 30-40 years, the money and the corporate overlordship feel of everything, something so basic as an on-field party and tearing down the goalposts shouldn't be so utterly frowned upon.

It's blue-hair thinking. "We're above such things." Really? We're above fun? We're above being happy we won a game? "We SHOULD be beating ________." Meh. Sure. Yeah, we should be beating Colorado 99% of the time, and Northwestern 100% of the time, and it's a little concerning that we had to win on a miracle 4th-&-15 conversion followed by an equally miraculous Hail Mary. But if we can't celebrate that, if we can't be happy that we won a game like that, what have we become?

When did expectations trump exuberance? And how boring does that make the future of Husker football, if all we're doing is living off expectations, dourly accepting wins and spitefully hating losses?

• Fire 1

There's not enough students left by the end of games to be able to tear one down I don't think.

Students still attend the games?

Only if the game doesn't start too early or too late, the weather isn't too cold/hot/windy/rainy/cloudy/foggy, there isn't a television within 44 feet, and then they all occupy the same 4 square feet, so it just looks like they're not filling their section.

I've wavered back and forth on stuff like this over the years. Today I'm of the opinion that college football should be fun, and with all the changes to the game over the past 30-40 years, the money and the corporate overlordship feel of everything, something so basic as an on-field party and tearing down the goalposts shouldn't be so utterly frowned upon.It's blue-hair thinking. "We're above such things." Really? We're above fun? We're above being happy we won a game? "We SHOULD be beating ________." Meh. Sure. Yeah, we should be beating Colorado 99% of the time, and Northwestern 100% of the time, and it's a little concerning that we had to win on a miracle 4th-&-15 conversion followed by an equally miraculous Hail Mary. But if we can't celebrate that, if we can't be happy that we won a game like that, what have we become?When did expectations trump exuberance? And how boring does that make the future of Husker football, if all we're doing is living off expectations, dourly accepting wins and spitefully hating losses?

I'd wager the goalposts would be in jeopardy if say, sr day capped off an undefeated regular season.

I've wavered back and forth on stuff like this over the years. Today I'm of the opinion that college football should be fun, and with all the changes to the game over the past 30-40 years, the money and the corporate overlordship feel of everything, something so basic as an on-field party and tearing down the goalposts shouldn't be so utterly frowned upon.It's blue-hair thinking. "We're above such things." Really? We're above fun? We're above being happy we won a game? "We SHOULD be beating ________." Meh. Sure. Yeah, we should be beating Colorado 99% of the time, and Northwestern 100% of the time, and it's a little concerning that we had to win on a miracle 4th-&-15 conversion followed by an equally miraculous Hail Mary. But if we can't celebrate that, if we can't be happy that we won a game like that, what have we become?When did expectations trump exuberance? And how boring does that make the future of Husker football, if all we're doing is living off expectations, dourly accepting wins and spitefully hating losses?

I'd wager the goalposts would be in jeopardy if say, sr day capped off an undefeated regular season.

yes, beating Minnesota will often induce the kind of exuberance required to storm the field. meh... :)