Kevin Williams injured

Logan Rath, Noah Arenson, or Garret Johns are now fighting for a 2 deep spot at DT. Or of course we could move a severely undersized DE inside and have Jack Gangwish start at DE. Take your pick!

Williams wasn't even a starter, so why would we start moving people? If Collins or VV goes down, then we can start moving people.

So under your methodology, we should only have 24 players on scholarship. 11 on D. 11 on O. A kicker. A punter. If someone gets hurt, we can offer schollies to other kids, but lets not worry about that until one of the 24 players on the team gets injured.

Logan Rath, Noah Arenson, or Garret Johns are now fighting for a 2 deep spot at DT. Or of course we could move a severely undersized DE inside and have Jack Gangwish start at DE. Take your pick!

Williams wasn't even a starter, so why would we start moving people? If Collins or VV goes down, then we can start moving people.

So under your methodology, we should only have 24 players on scholarship. 11 on D. 11 on O. A kicker. A punter. If someone gets hurt, we can offer schollies to other kids, but lets not worry about that until one of the 24 players on the team gets injured.

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm trying to say. You took the words right out of my mouth.

No, what I'm saying is that it's stupid to suggest moving a starting DE to DT because a backup DT went down. We still have other guys who play DT and can fill in Williams' role.

I'd easily pick Gangwish to start at DE and move McMullen inside over the other option.

Apparently the staff moved Newell down to DT from DE.

* Junior defensive tackle Kevin Williams went down with a lower leg injury, though the extent of it is not known. Williams, who has shown a lot of perseverance in his career in overcoming two past knee injuries, was down for a few minutes, with several teammates gathering around to check in. Bo Pelini was hopeful as he left practice, telling the Journal Star "it's a day to day thing."

Day to day, amputation likely tomorrow.