First job you had...What was it/Age/Pay

First paying job - 17 years old - Driving a tractor back & forth to peach fields. 6am til we got finished usually 60-80 hours per week, no overtime pay, $6.50 per hour. Pretty good cash for a high school summer job because we got about a $300 check every week after taxes, but it sucked.

Are you complaining about driving around?

Ha. Nah. That wasn't so bad. It was more the SC June/July/August weather which consists of 95-100º heat with 70%+ humidity, plus working 6am to at least 7pm and sometimes later. Worst part of it was by the time you got off, just wanted to go home, eat, shower, sleep & do it all the next day. Had no social life at all, but the plus side was I never went anywhere to spend money, so I had a good bit in the bank.

Edit: I last worked there 10 years ago, just a year or two ago got the want to eat a peach again. Be around enough rotting peaches and it will do you in for a while.

Worked for an old farmer named Tuffy Thompson...Started when I was 14 at $8/hr and worked for him through high school.

He was a one of a kind guy. Told me he used to grow Muckets. I asked him what that was and he said it was a plant that they use to make hair peices for bald pu%%sies.

First actual paying,taxes out job: flipping burgers, 15, minimum wage ($3something), hated it.

Second actual paying, taxes out job: maintenance crew for State Park, 16, minimum, LOVED IT!

At this job, I learned that a 1957 Ford dump truck will lift the front tires about 2 feet off the ground if you dump the clutch with the hoist fully raised. Good times.

Worked for an old farmer named Tuffy Thompson...Started when I was 14 at $8/hr and worked for him through high school.

He was a one of a kind guy. Told me he used to grow Muckets. I asked him what that was and he said it was a plant that they use to make hair peices for bald pu%%sies.

I believe that particular hairpiece is called a "merkin". :-)