Types of People at Husker games

I think I might offend some guys here... it's not really a type of fan, but whenever I see someone wearing one of those way-too-serious black polos that the coaches wear, I think they're a giant wannabe coach nerd. But it's not as bad as the giant jersey wearing wannabe player nerds :)

I'm polo guy on warm days. I don't give a sh#t about looking like the coaches. I just want to look nice and think they are nice shirts.

• Fire 1

I think I might offend some guys here... it's not really a type of fan, but whenever I see someone wearing one of those way-too-serious black polos that the coaches wear, I think they're a giant wannabe coach nerd. But it's not as bad as the giant jersey wearing wannabe player nerds :)

I'm polo guy on warm days. I don't give a sh#t about looking like the coaches. I just want to look nice and think they are nice shirts.

Now we have "wants to look 'nice' guy!!!" I do think the Husker polo is a good look. I am not a fan of this year's Husker coaches polo though.

Now we have "wants to look 'nice' guy!!!" I do think the Husker polo is a good look. I am not a fan of this year's Husker coaches polo though.

I'm fine being that guy. :D I spent way too many times being the ...."way too drunk guy". I need to redeem myself some.

How about the guy who walks to the stadium so pumped up that he looks like he thinks he is going to go kick some azz on the field himself. This guy typically looks like the guy who had a good HS career being the starting right guard on a 2-6 team his senior year so he obviously knows more about what it's like to be in battle on the field more than others so get out of his way.

There is also the old lady complaining about you...

But If I can be serious for a moment.

My 87 year old grandmother said that she won't go to anymore husker games for any sport. The walks and stairs are just too much for her. I know we make fun of blue hairs a lot but she is a great fan and made it to several events all through last year. Kind of sad hearing she can't do it anymore.

• Fire 1

My 87 year old grandmother said that she won't go to anymore husker games for any sport. The walks and stairs are just too much for her. I know we make fun of blue hairs a lot but she is a great fan and made it to several events all through last year. Kind of sad hearing she can't do it anymore.

St. Paul, my mom is getting that way too. She's in her mid-70s, and her health isn't getting that great. She has trouble getting up to her seats now. I am sure it's sad for her, because it was the one thing that she counted on doing with my dad. They had season tickets together since the 60s, so going to the games together was "their thing". My dad passed away in 2000, and one of my brothers now goes with my mom. She still has fun, but I am sure she misses going with my dad.

So... Does sporting a #15 Tommie Frazier Adidas jersey with the "script" winning tradition patch on it count me as a #3?

I have to admit, the jersey is my good luck charm. I've had it since 1995, and it's still in pretty damn good condition. Also, I am a wannabe player... Always have been, always will be...

St. Paul, my mom is getting that way too. She's in her mid-70s, and her health isn't getting that great. She has trouble getting up to her seats now. I am sure it's sad for her, because it was the one thing that she counted on doing with my dad. They had season tickets together since the 60s, so going to the games together was "their thing". My dad passed away in 2000, and one of my brothers now goes with my mom. She still has fun, but I am sure she misses going with my dad.

Yeah it sucks to see this happen. my grandfather is 87 as well and still makes it to most games. He has his sons to go with him so I am sure he enjoys that.