*** 2017 Recruiting ***

Why did we not offer Jafar Armstrong? 4 star WR out of Mizzou

I think I'm happy with our WRs.
Would you be happier if we add a certain WR out of Cali on wednesday?
Absolutely.

He is flipping from mizzou to Notre Dame with the late offer....just saying he would have been a good plan B to have visit this weekend

Why did we not offer Jafar Armstrong? 4 star WR out of Mizzou

I think I'm happy with our WRs.
Would you be happier if we add a certain WR out of Cali on wednesday?
Absolutely.

He is flipping from mizzou to Notre Dame with the late offer....just saying he would have been a good plan B to have visit this weekend

I would be really happy with Lewis (which we aren't going to get).

However, I'm still very happy with the WR class we have.

Fun question.

Right now on 247, we are ranked 24th and Texas is 25th.

Which team finishes higher?

Texas

Well....we have moved up to 21 with 19 recruits and they have moved down to 28 with 15.

Still stand by this prediction?

Sure idk

19 commits on our way to 22 (so they say). Sounds like we're looking for 1 WR, 1 DT, and 2 DBs which is four guys for three spots but we could go up to 25 guys.

QB - 1 - TRISTAN GEBBIA
RB - 1 - JAYLIN BRADLEY, CJ Verdell
FB - 1 - BEN MILES
WR - 5 - KEYSHAWN JOHNSON Jr., JAEVON McQUITTY, TYJON LINDSEY, JAMIRE CALVIN, Joseph Lewis, Bryan Thompson, Jeremiah Hawkins

TE - 2 - AUSTIN ALLEN, KURT RAFDAL
OT - 3 - BRENDEN JAIMES, MATT SICHTERMAN, CHRIS WALKER
OG/C - 1 - BROC BANDO

DT - 3 - DEONTRE THOMAS, DEIONTAE WATTS, Damion Daniels
DE - 1 - GUY THOMAS
LB - 3 - WILLIE HAMPTON, AVERY ROBERTS, ANDREW WARD
CB - 1-2 - Deommodore Lenoir, Greg Johnson, Elijah Blades, Michael Onyemaobi, Tony Wallace
S - 0-1 -

Fun question.

Texas

Well....we have moved up to 21 with 19 recruits and they have moved down to 28 with 15.

Sure idk

Not meaning to call you out on this. You just happened to be the only one that responded to my question.

I have absolutely no clue what they have on the line for signing day. But, I'll go with us beating out Texas.

Fun question.

Texas

Sure idk

Not meaning to call you out on this. You just happened to be the only one that responded to my question.

I have absolutely no clue what they have on the line for signing day. But, I'll go with us beating out Texas.

They could potentially grab four 4 star prospects on NSD and a few more 3 stars. So they could make a push if everything goes their way. That's about all I know.

I would love some insight from those of you who follow recruiting more closely than me.

As a casual recruiting observer, I feel right now like I have felt for years. It seems our highest touted recruits are skill position players. I understand this to be somewhat normal given their nature - everybody likes to hear and see the flashy quarterback, receiver and running back. They make the headlines. The super talented offensive lineman just doesn't bring the same fervor.

But, is this standard or are we faltering in some of those key areas like the DL or the OL? Avery Roberts is one of the single most important players in the class in my opinion, but outside of him, there doesn't seem to be a lot of interest around guys like Bando, Watts or Sichterman. Is this because they're not at a level worthy of more recognition, or because they're not skill position players? Or, is it a combination of the two?

Again, I feel like this is a pretty standard view among the casual follower of recruiting because we just don't hear a lot about some of the less flashy positions. Am I just a victim of water cooler conversation and media coverage here?

I would love some insight from those of you who follow recruiting more closely than me.

As a casual recruiting observer, I feel right now like I have felt for years. It seems our highest touted recruits are skill position players. I understand this to be somewhat normal given their nature - everybody likes to hear and see the flashy quarterback, receiver and running back. They make the headlines. The super talented offensive lineman just doesn't bring the same fervor.

But, is this standard or are we faltering in some of those key areas like the DL or the OL? Avery Roberts is one of the single most important players in the class in my opinion, but outside of him, there doesn't seem to be a lot of interest around guys like Bando, Watts or Sichterman. Is this because they're not at a level worthy of more recognition, or because they're not skill position players? Or, is it a combination of the two?

Again, I feel like this is a pretty standard view among the casual follower of recruiting because we just don't hear a lot about some of the less flashy positions. Am I just a victim of water cooler conversation and media coverage here?

Well I can tell you that Watts is going to be a huge piece of our puzzle (literally and figuratively. He has the potential to anchor our defensive front once he gets acclimated to college ball. Bando and Sichterman I would assume are going to redshirt. We have some really good linemen from last year who redshirted and should be ready to step in in some capacity. This years crop will reap the benefits of having time to develop. Also don't forget Jaimes who is arguably the best linemen of the bunch.

Walker is a linemen who can play either side of the ball and seems to be more highly regarded by the day but again he will need time to develop and I believe he will get it.

Don't forget we have another potential NT in Daniels who is thought to sign here come NSD who is almost as good as Watts.

I wouldn't worry too much about the big fellas they have coming in. The defensive ones can play and might do so sooner rather than later. The offensive guys will need to develop, but we have the luxury of letting them do so with who we have in front of them.

Watts and Sichterman are severely underated, especially Watts. Bando seems like kind of another average recruit to me and his film wasn't extremely impressive and his ratings reflected that.

That is the case with this class. However, I believe our O line recruiting has been really good the last couple years. Those players have been either playing as a Freshman/sophomore or redshirted. We should start seeing those players have an impact this year and next. As far as star ratings, this O line class isn't quite at the level of the two previous years. However, I do think there is potential in this class to have some good contributors.

As for D line, If we keep the ones we have and add Daniels, I think we have a pretty dang good class with the transition to a 3-4.

My hope is that we continue to get the really good skill position players and the recruits from the last couple classes start improving our O line to the point where higher level O linemen start looking at us even more.

Watts and Sichterman are severely underated, especially Watts. Bando seems like kind of another average recruit to me and his film wasn't extremely impressive and his ratings reflected that.

Luckily we don't need Bando to contribute right away and will have a year to learn as a redshirt. I completely agree about Watts. He's going to be a stud. Sichterman is one I don't know much about but he certainly has the frame. What sets him apart from the others in your mind?

• Mavric changed the title to *** 2017 Recruiting ***