*** 2017 Recruiting ***

HERE'S MY SOLUTION TO INCREASE THE NUMBER OF TOP RECRUITS INSIDE THE DONU 500-MILE RADIUS:

WE CREATE A DATING WEBSITE ONLY FOR PEOPLE INSIDE THE RADIUS.

THESE PEOPLE WILL BE MATCHED UP BASED ON ATHLETIC ABILITIES.

THEN WE WILL JUST BREED FUTURE RECRUITING CLASSES.

MAYBE HAVE FORMER UNL ATHLETES BREED FOR THE NEXT GENERATION OF HUSKERS

THROWING OUT AN IDEA FOR A PAIRING - ROY HELU AND DANI MANCUSO.

HERE'S MY SOLUTION TO INCREASE THE NUMBER OF TOP RECRUITS INSIDE THE DONU 500-MILE RADIUS:

So basically it would be like if farmersonly.com and geek2geek.com had child website...

EDIT: Redux beat me to it...

farmers-only.png
that's Iowa's site, remember?

NO! HAVE WARREN BUFFET OPEN A MAGNET SCHOOL FOR BUSINESS OR SOMETHING IN LINCOLN. THEN WE CAN FORM AN IMG (LIKE) ACADEMY FOR FOOTBALL RIGHT HERE FROM LINCOLN. FLY KIDS IN FROM ALL OVER THE STATES TO GO TO A SWEET PRIVATE SCHOOL THAT TRAVELS THE NATION AND PLAYS HS FOOTBALL.

OSU 18

Mich 18

PSU 9

Nebraska 5

So, we are 4 behind PSU with both schools having 18 commits. PSU is ranked 15th, we are 22nd. However, their average player rating is only .0133 different. That isn't much.

Getting closer to where we need to be. Bigger and better yet we aren't hosting UCF, FAU, Memphis etc plan C's this weekend scrambling.

Perhaps the recruiting services are just not doing a good job of finding and rating the 'local' (inside the 500 mile radi) very well and we are getting better players, over the years, than the 'stars' suggest. ? Just a possibility that the 'flyover' country boys are not getting a fair shake. Face it, if you are a recruiting 'analyst' (whatever you may want to call the scouts or people who actually decide the players' ratinghs), it would be much easier and cheaper, etc to go to the high population and more concentrated / 'fertile' recruiting grounds and evaluate dozens instead of driving all over a 500 mile area around Lincoln. There are a ton of smaller schools and lots of two lane roads to navigate to go and actually watch live games etc. But Nebraska could easily recruit a dozen or so superb football players from a 250 mile radius (Des Moines to KC to Wichita to mid Nebraska. In fact, I would suggest a fair % of our walk ons should be rated a couple stars or so but are not even looked at.

As has been suggested by me and many others on this board, it is MORE important that Nebraska recruit the best players we can that FILL our needs. Hopefully our coaches are finding some underrated 3 stars that 'fit' well and will thrive and excel in our program. It seems our Athletic Department is taking making Nebraska great again VERY SERIOUSLY and is doing all things possible to revitalize and improve our product on the field. If this class finishes well (it seems a little momentum is there?), then we will have two big steps forward. We have a couple dozen more steps to go but it really seems that we are moving in the right direction. It will not happen overnight but - assuming we find an O line and a couple QBs become Husker legends in the coming years, we will find ourselves back in the top ten. That will put within reach of the final four. Once there, we need a good matchup and some God given LUCK and maybe, just maybe, 'We're back where we belong!"

Perhaps the recruiting services are just not doing a good job of finding and rating the 'local' (inside the 500 mile radi) very well and we are getting better players, over the years, than the 'stars' suggest. ? Just a possibility that the 'flyover' country boys are not getting a fair shake. Face it, if you are a recruiting 'analyst' (whatever you may want to call the scouts or people who actually decide the players' ratinghs), it would be much easier and cheaper, etc to go to the high population and more concentrated / 'fertile' recruiting grounds and evaluate dozens instead of driving all over a 500 mile area around Lincoln. There are a ton of smaller schools and lots of two lane roads to navigate to go and actually watch live games etc. But Nebraska could easily recruit a dozen or so superb football players from a 250 mile radius (Des Moines to KC to Wichita to mid Nebraska. In fact, I would suggest a fair % of our walk ons should be rated a couple stars or so but are not even looked at.

As has been suggested by me and many others on this board, it is MORE important that Nebraska recruit the best players we can that FILL our needs. Hopefully our coaches are finding some underrated 3 stars that 'fit' well and will thrive and excel in our program. It seems our Athletic Department is taking making Nebraska great again VERY SERIOUSLY and is doing all things possible to revitalize and improve our product on the field. If this class finishes well (it seems a little momentum is there?), then we will have two big steps forward. We have a couple dozen more steps to go but it really seems that we are moving in the right direction. It will not happen overnight but - assuming we find an O line and a couple QBs become Husker legends in the coming years, we will find ourselves back in the top ten. That will put within reach of the final four. Once there, we need a good matchup and some God given LUCK and maybe, just maybe, 'We're back where we belong!"

Fair argument in the first section but with technology and websites like HUDL i think recruiting services have the ability to watch tape on lots of different kids. Rural areas probably lack a bit more but i think Lincoln/Omaha get a decent amount of pub...

That also being said Recruiting firms tend to change there tune when a kid starts getting bigger offers.

I dont mind 3 star kids because sometimes they come in with a chip on there shoulder--Ameer is a perfect example.

It is great to get the 5 stars but i also want a few 2-3 star kids who understand how special it is to play for Nebraska.

• Mavric changed the title to *** 2017 Recruiting ***