*** 2017 Recruiting ***

I would hope that the recruiting services/scouts do more than just watch a kid's highlight films. Otherwise, their opinions are barely useful. I would assume they literally travel all over the place and have local scouts who actually go to practices, watch games, interview the kids and their families and coaches, etc.

We all know that kids from smaller class schools have very little chance, no matter how good they are as they will be assumed to be no good because they play against less competition.

Nebraska used (I hope they are still doing this) to find the unknown players from the 500 mile radius and a few beyond with camps and so on where they had the chance to do the in-person tests, evals, etc.

We could happily offer scholarships to a linement from Norfolk or Giltner or a punter from Funk (population 42) that literally nobody in the rest of the country knew a darn thing about. They could end up being all conference and for us a five star producer.

Do they rate one or two Omaha or even greater Nebraska kids with a 3 or 4 stars now and then? Sure, but David Horne is a perfect example of one that WAS NOT worthy while most fly under the radar. IMO.

Blades,Rafdal,Daniels are all N fwiw. All informed staff on their visit last weekend.

Lenoir is a long shot, supposibly Oregon likes to pay recruits these days. Rumblings i have been hearing.

Johnson and Lewis are 99.9% USC bound.

Wallace and mikey O may very well both end up N depending on where we hit elsewhere.

Verdell is leaning towards NU

• Fire 2

Blades,Rafdal,Daniels are all N fwiw. All informed staff on their visit last weekend.

Lenoir is a long shot, supposibly Oregon likes to pay recruits these days. Rumblings i have been hearing.

Wallace and mikey O may very well both end up N depending on where we hit elsewhere.

I dony buy the whole "Oregon is paying players" that seems like a cop out.

Only hope is USC runs out of space for Johnson, but doesnt sound like that will happen.

can handle wallace and mikey as depth backup

Only hope is USC runs out of space for Johnson, but doesnt sound like that will happen.

I heard that Oregon already dropped some cash off to Lenoir for his original commitment. Guessing they throw more $$ now

They aren't going to run out of room for the #1 athlete in the country, near top 100 all around player (102), and a high 4 star (.95). He'd be the fourth highest rated guy in their whole class and it's a very impressive group.

Ok...so how do you hear about when recruits get cash.

Sounds like an Internet rumor.

• Mavric changed the title to *** 2017 Recruiting ***