*** 2017 Recruiting ***

you forgot Rahyme at LB

he has him as a DE. Is that new?

Yeah, I had done that awhile ago and didn't move him back.

Just looking at him, he seems like a pretty big LB to me. He's kind of a hybrid and to me he looks like he'd end up being a DE but we are recruiting him at LB so I moved him.

Kylin Hill as RB?

I'm kind of on the fence with him. I think he's interested. But a lot of kids have some interest or say they're interested but not enough to really get them here.

My completely arbitrary line is they've visited or we've made some sort of Top 5 list they've released. I know that's going to leave out guys that are legitimately interested or just haven't been able to get here yet but I like to be short rather than long for this purpose.

Nebraska should be the talk of the college football world as it should be for all the right / positive reasons and that is how it should be! Becoming relevant and of interest to football fans in general. Once upon a time (circa 1994 to 2001) Nebraska had become "America's team" and our brand was tops in the land. There are many of those folks still out there, quietly and anxiously waiting for our return to the spotlight. While many under the age of 25 may not remember this period, many millions do. I believe the fever that can grip Husker Nation can rise very quickly. We reel off about 8 wins to start the 2016 season and Husker football will once again be all the rage. It is because there are many who long for Nebraska to be Nebraska. We represented the best and most worthy about college football. Mike Riley from all indications is the truly good, decent, nice and honorable man and coach who will represent the Nebraska program well in all respect. We all want to win and win big but the right way as tough, hard nosed competitors who play with great zest and determination within the spirit and meaning of the rules and win or lose want to appreciated and respected. When an opponent leaves the stadium after playing Nebraska, we expect them to remember the hard fought battle. Fans want this and need this in the game of football.

I love that we are getting all these commitments from some top guys on our board and that we are getting them early. What terrifies me though, is that there is so much time between now and signing day... A lot can happen. This peer recruiting movement is strong right now, but can it sustain itself for 10mo after the newness and excitement wears off? What happens when big schools they never thought they would get offers from come in in November? I'm not worried about KJJ or Gebbia or Mcquitty. They have made their visits and had the biggest offers and already checked out enough schools to know..., but the LB Hampton... Let's say Miami or Florida or Georgia or Florida state offer... There's a good chance he's going to visit and there's a good chance we lose him. Or what about A&M offering our OT commit and getting in his ear about playing in the SEC and staying close to home? I fear a few of these guys have been using us as place holders because we are the best offer at this time and they like us.

• Mavric changed the title to *** 2017 Recruiting ***