*** 2017 Recruiting ***

Players gone after 16-17' season:

• QB: Tommy Armstrong / O'Brien (Gebbia)
  • RB: Ozigbo / Wilbon / Newby (Bryant)
  • FB: No losses
  • TE: Carter / Snyder / Cotton / (Stoll, Engelhaupt)
  • OL: Gates / Foster / Knevel / Utter / Thurston (Farmer, Barnett, Brokop, Decker, Farniok)
  • WR: Westerkamp / Morgan / Reilly / DPE / Moore (Grim, Spielman) (McQuitty, Johnson Jr.)

• DE: Freedom / Dzuris / Neal / King / Davis (Stille, Miller)
  • DT: McMullen / Maurice / Williams / C Davis / K Davis
  • LB: Rose-Ivey / Young / Banderas / Weber / Newby (Barry, Simmons, Ferguson) (Alexander, Jefferson)
  • CB: No losses
  • S: Gerry / A. Williams / K Williams / Reed (L Jackson, Anderson, Dismuke, Butler, Domann)

• P: Foltz / Lightbourn
  • K: No losses

Overall, I think the staff has done a good job of filling in the talent that will be lost. Sorry if I am missing someone-- I ran through this in my head at work quickly.

Missed Stoltenberg and Newell on the DL.

I don't understand why so many ppl think we are only going to take 3-4 WR. We have so many high high high guys who are visiting and highly interested in the Huskers. We may never have a WR class like this one. We are going to take 4-5. They want at least 4 and will take 5 if we have guys like Joseph Lewis, Tyjon Lindsay, & Jamire Calvin that want in. They can always redshirt a couple and play a couple to spread out the numbers in the classes. Tyjon is a Pierson El type player who can do a lot with jet sweeps, screen passes, punt/kick return, and speed on the outside. Lewis is physical and big and can go over the top and up the middle.

I haven't really updated my numbers - 3-4 is what I had to start out with.

At this point we'll almost surely take 4. But even Willimas hinted that we're looking for the two we have plus one (probably smaller) burner and one big body. I'm not saying we won't take 5 but it sounds like we are already staring to toss out the "we're getting full at WR" card to some guys. If we have four and get an absolute stud they'd probably spring for a fifth but I don't think they're planning on five as of now.

Taking 5 WR in this class seems stupid, even if a lot of them are interested in coming here. If we for some reason end up falling short on our OL and DL numbers, again, then sure take an extra one or two, but otherwise fill your needs at the most important positions on the field.

• Fire 1

Also, with Darlington moving to receiver and the addition of Keyan Williams, we'll currently have 9 WRs on the roster when the 2017 guys get here. Taking two more would be 11. Out of 85 scholarships, that would seem to be enough at one position.

Didn't Williams state his number was 12? I thought all the position coaches have been good about giving their number of desired scholarship players at all times.

riley seems to be doing a great job at recruiting, he has got me excited. i cannot say that about the previous coach, who seem to struggle at recruiting....that kid from texax , brenden jaimes, looks good on film. i watch film on him in his junior yr, and he just push kids around like toys.....he looks to be a good one

• Mavric changed the title to *** 2017 Recruiting ***