my god the big ten is horrible

MichiganMan

Added a former Big Ten coach: "It's not like 2014 came about and the league is weak. This league has been weak for a long time. If you list the Power 5 conferences, you know who No. 5 is."

Yeah, the Big XII.

Seriously, other than Oklahoma and Baylor, that conference doesn't have crap.

We may want to hold that argument until after tomorrow night when #20 KSU hosts Auburn.

I'm not saying the Cats will win. But if they do, there is no question which conference is #5

Considering how KSU had to scrap their way to a W against Iowa State...I'm confident KSU will be drummed out of the Top 25 and Bill Snyder's Palace 'o Derp.

But yes, should KSU have Big XII officiating to help them to a W, then the B1G would be a solid #5.

Added a former Big Ten coach: "It's not like 2014 came about and the league is weak. This league has been weak for a long time. If you list the Power 5 conferences, you know who No. 5 is."

Yeah, the Big XII.

Seriously, other than Oklahoma and Baylor, that conference doesn't have crap.

We may want to hold that argument until after tomorrow night when #20 KSU hosts Auburn.

I'm not saying the Cats will win. But if they do, there is no question which conference is #5

By the way, the KSU/Auburn game looked like a slap fight between valley girls, and both teams looked poor.

I still assert that the Big XII is actually a two-trick pony at best and just as bad as the B1G. And one of those tricks (Oklahoma) may be upended this weekend by a bunch of f'n hillbillies.

It's a response to an anonymous comment made by Bret Bielema above, that "If you list the Power 5 conferences, you know who No. 5 is."

And I say you don't, because at the end of the day, the Big XII really is a two-trick pony at best. Their third-best trick was KSU, which was in a slap-fight of its lifetime last night against a very overrated Auburn.

Based on....?

my opinion. Same as you about Oklahoma

ESPN was really hyping the game and kept debating the conference competition (as if you get a prize for top conference). They keep stressing conference strengths. I guess that is just gamesmanship to get 2 teams in for their business partner, the SEC.

Anyway, the spin will be "look an SEC went on the road and beat a top 20 team, they deserve to be a top 5 team" ....If this was Ohio State from the B1G at #5 playing (a very overrated IMO - they barely beat ISU two weeks ago) #20 KSU team it would be "K-state is overrate and gave the game away. OSU should drop 10 spots for not dominating"

• Fire 3

I also would suggest that OU is vastly overrated. Their ranking is SOLELY the result of beating bama LAST YEAR.

I disagree. Granted, they haven't really played anyone yet but Oklahoma looks like an all around pretty solid team right now. Plus the fact that Trevor Knight looks like he could be a good one. Time will tell.

I also would suggest that OU is vastly overrated. Their ranking is SOLELY the result of beating bama LAST YEAR.

I disagree. Granted, they haven't really played anyone yet but Oklahoma looks like an all around pretty solid team right now. Plus the fact that Trevor Knight looks like he could be a good one. Time will tell.

We will see tomorrow on how the show up against WVU....