McMullen and Gerry - Players who've impressed so far

True2tRA

I think McMullen and Gerry have played damn great football. I felt going into the season that both would do well, but I've been really blown away with these two defensively. Gerry flies to the ball and seems to always be around the play or making the play. He doesn't quit either. Always going. McMullen has erased my worries about losing Avery Moss. McMullen is physically dominating and is really the strongest part of that defensive line so far. With Gregory and McMullen on the ends I feel really good about things up front.

I'd add Pierson-El to the list of players that have really impressed but I'd like to just see a bit more. He seems very fluid, and catching the punt is no thing to this guy. He makes it look easy. I think he will be something given a few more chances.

Who else have you guys seen that have blown you away so far? Offense or defense is someone playing above your expectations?

• Fire 3

I think McMullen and Gerry have played damn great football. I felt going into the season that both would do well, but I've been really blown away with these two defensively. Gerry flies to the ball and seems to always be around the play or making the play. He doesn't quit either. Always going. McMullen has erased my worries about losing Avery Moss. McMullen is physically dominating and is really the strongest part of that defensive line so far. With Gregory and McMullen on the ends I feel really good about things up front.

I'd add Pierson-El to the list of players that have really impressed but I'd like to just see a bit more. He seems very fluid, and catching the punt is no thing to this guy. He makes it look easy. I think he will be something given a few more chances.

Who else have you guys seen that have blown you away so far? Offense or defense is someone playing above your expectations?

+1. Id love to see what this D could have done with the 3 guys we lost.

• Fire 1

Kelu on special teams kickoff coverage made some great plays last week. His stock is rising. I agree with your two guys on D, for sure.

Kalu*

But I completely agree, Kalu has been impressive, he seems to make the tackle or be around the ball whenever he is on the field. I would really like to see him more in our nickel sets, maybe splitting time 50/50 with Cockrell (who has not been impressive at all, though he hasn't been on the field too much, either).

I've been looking forward to having Gerry on the field since he committed. He showed flashes last year and now we're seeing him fly all over the place - leading the team in tackles.

I've always know Westerkamp to have great hands but no only is he catching everything, he's a highlight reel waiting to happen.

I didn't know what to think about Kieron Williams but he's going to be a player as well. Flying all over the field like Gerry.

DPE going to be a fixture on returns for four years. We should let him have a shot at kickoffs as well.