McMullen and Gerry - Players who've impressed so far

True2tRA

How about this ..... Gerry will move from safety to MIKE position (replace Bandy). Plus LB experience last season. Muscular, bodybuilder type and top notched speedster.

Hopefully we won't need to.....but you're right in that if the LB play doesn't improve, Gerry will be our leading tackler.....which should be a LB.

• Fire 1

Rewatch ed the game today, 3 best players on D right now are Gerry, Mitchell and McMullen. D definitely needs the interior to step up and also to get Gregory back.

Right on with Mitchell. I should have included him on my list as well. He's playing like a true shut down corner at this point, I can't wait to see ow he does against some better competition. Good football player. +1

Gerry exposes how bad our linebackers are nearly every play. I wish I could find the play, but there was a draw or a read that was going right into Bandos gap, with him waiting. Gerry literally came from 12 yards deep and filled the hole while Bando looked stunned, still waiting for the ball carrier to get to him. That's ridiculous, play downhill for crying out loud.

• Fire 1

Gerry exposes how bad our linebackers are nearly every play. I wish I could find the play, but there was a draw or a read that was going right into Bandos gap, with him waiting. Gerry literally came from 12 yards deep and filled the hole while Bando looked stunned, still waiting for the ball carrier to get to him. That's ridiculous, play downhill for crying out loud.

That is the one thing Rose does pretty well and why we are going to miss him this year. He plays downhill fast...

Rewatch ed the game today, 3 best players on D right now are Gerry, Mitchell and McMullen. D definitely needs the interior to step up and also to get Gregory back.

Right on with Mitchell. I should have included him on my list as well. He's playing like a true shut down corner at this point, I can't wait to see ow he does against some better competition. Good football player. +1

Mitchell also had a really good game against Fresno State. Poor guy. He'd probably have about 4 INTs this season if he was about half a foot taller.

• Fire 1

I was skeptical of Josh being the lead corner because it seemed that he, more often than anyone else in the secondary, caught my eye whenever he'd frequently make a poor play. I know he talks and has put in the work but wasn't sure if he had the ability.

So far he's played great. The passes he hasn't defended he's been inches away from defending, on his receiver like glue almost every single play you see him.