Old people complaining about the new sound system and music selection.

Axl_sued_me

I'm having trouble believing much of what this guy supposedly said.

1- Senior citizens are typically hard of hearing. I've never been in any stadium that had an overpowering sound system. He doesn't really want it turned down half way- he wants it louder. Busted.

2- Senior citizens nowadays would like "Welcome to the Jungle" and "Back in Black" and the like and would not refer to those classics as hip hop hogwash. Busted.

3- Some hip hop IS hogwash. True.

4- Anyone requesting wonderful music Dr. Tom would enjoy is obviously on crack. Real old timers don't do crack. Busted.

5- I'm approaching this despised senior status (51...) and I listen to my music louder than my teen/twenty something kids do. If you ask me it's you young whipper snappers that aren't pulling your load at the games. Granted I haven't actually been in Memorial stadium in quite a few years but the crowd on TV generally looks pretty youngish. If it was quiet this past week, which my sources tell me it was, I think there is a wider audience to blame than just the blue hairs. Sorry somebody has stick up for them once in awhile.

• Fire 1

Back in MY day...It seemed the music we were forced to listen to was a decade or two behind....It's sad to see Hip Hop is just now getting popular back home.

My 13 year old actually complained to me while we were watching the game last Saturday while "Jump Around" was playing after a TD..."They're STILL playing this old crap!?!?!"

Somebody needs to do some sort of "Disco-Destruction" type of intervention and get you 30-something old folks with the times.

Sorry, but I don't feel sorry for these folks because that stadium was quite as hell on Saturday and was embarrassing to watch! Quit sitting on your hands or sitting there and crossing your arms. Either stand up and cheer or sell your tickets. Memorial Stadium is not a scary environment at 11 am.

You think they'd catch the hint and stop scheduling 11am games...

Sorry, but I don't feel sorry for these folks because that stadium was quite as hell on Saturday and was embarrassing to watch! Quit sitting on your hands or sitting there and crossing your arms. Either stand up and cheer or sell your tickets. Memorial Stadium is not a scary environment at 11 am.

This isn't on the fans. We were as loud as you could expect for an 11am game against an FCS opponent, loud for the Tunnel Walk and jacked for the opening kickoff.

Which was followed by Nebraska failing to get a first down, going for it on 4th down, and getting stuffed for a five-yard-loss on said 4th down play.

Which was immediately followed by a 10-play drive by McNeese State featuring the same looking to the sidelines & general confusion that we saw against FAU, and resulted in an MSU touchdown.

Five minutes into the game, they've already stuffed us on a one-yard play and driven down the field for a score.

Not much to cheer about there.

It isn't that the fans weren't there to be loud, it's that Nebraska took the fans out of the game.

• Fire 4