Grantland Gives Ameer what he Deserves.

NUpolo8

The Nebraska workhorse currently represents the B1G’s best shot at the Heisman, and if he continues to produce at his current rate, the Huskers’ inevitable failings shouldn’t be held against him. Frankly, I don’t even want to imagine what Nebraska would look like without Abdullah, but it would probably involve duct tape, a midseason loss at Northwestern, and a series of interminable Tommie Frazier Twitter rants. The good news is that Nebraska’s next opponent, Fresno State, ranks 122nd nationally in rushing defense, surrendering an average of 267.5 ground yards per game, so offensive coordinator Tim Beck may as well disregard the concept of “passing” entirely.

This whole paragraph had my dogs jump when I started laughing uncontrollably, especially the bolded.

Beck: Bo, I have a plan to right the ship this week. Fresno is dead last in rushing defense. They'll expect we pound AA to the tune of 500 yards and a Hypesman run. I know they know we know they know we know this. I plan to come out all Air Raid and pass slap these b!tches. They won't know what hit them...........

Bo: Sounds like a great plan. KB is hurt, JT is done for the season not to mention Reilly and Burtch, TA is hitting 50% and because of poor DB the last two weeks avoided like 5 more picks. Not to mention, they'll key on AA and he needs the rest. We don't want to show too much too soon.......

On a serious note, AA is a class act and deserves the accolades and then some. If the Hypesman truly went to the best player in college, I would seriously look at AA for several reasons. Current lack of other "go to" players, stymied by poor play calling and a jeckyll and hyde team. He currently is NU success.

Beck: Bo, I have a plan to right the ship this week. Fresno is dead last in rushing defense. They'll expect we pound AA to the tune of 500 yards and a Hypesman run. I know they know we know they know we know this. I plan to come out all Air Raid and pass slap these b!tches. They won't know what hit them...........

Bo: Sounds like a great plan. KB is hurt, JT is done for the season not to mention Reilly and Burtch, TA is hitting 50% and because of poor DB the last two weeks avoided like 5 more picks. Not to mention, they'll key on AA and he needs the rest. We don't want to show too much too soon.......

On a serious note, AA is a class act and deserves the accolades and then some. If the Hypesman truly went to the best player in college, I would seriously look at AA for several reasons. Current lack of other "go to" players, stymied by poor play calling and a jeckyll and hyde team. He currently is NU success.

Sounds like the conversation Callyclown must have had in 2004 going into the game against ISU.

What obviously works in one game doesn't obviously work in another -- or even between quarters -- because other teams have defensive coordinators.

The first quarter of McNeese State seemed to prove that.

Some folks believe that inflicting your will on another team is as simple as inflicting your will. Easy for the armchair fan to say.

Among many things, the inflicting-your-will game requires a top-echelon offensive line.

• Fire 9

What obviously works in one game doesn't obviously work in another -- or even between quarters -- because other teams have defensive coordinators.

The first quarter of McNeese State seemed to prove that.

Some folks believe that inflicting your will on another team is as simple as inflicting your will. Easy for the armchair fan to say.

Among many things, the inflicting-your-will game requires a top-echelon offensive line.

Yep

I'd also like to point out that, while FSU is 119th in rush defense (267.5 ypg), they are also 115th in pass defense (346 ypg). Passing is not a bad option here.

• Fire 1

Great point, scary thing is I can actually see this conversation happening.

Nebraska’s next opponent, Fresno State, ranks 122nd nationally in rushing defense, surrendering an average of 267.5 ground yards per game, so offensive coordinator Tim Beck may as well disregard the concept of “passing” entirely.

I like this idea.

To bad Beck won't do it. I just wish he wanted to be a run first kinda coach. You can tell by his play calling he is always ltrying to catch the defense with a pass play for big yards. Not worring about just keeping the chains moving & pounding the other team into the ground. God I miss the Osborne offense. Everyone watching knew we were going to run. Then every once in awhile we would catch a defense creeping up & hit a WR or TE for a big play.