***** What did we learn - Fresno St Edition *****

walksalone

I thought the first half was okay. I didn't like the stall out offense that had to settle for field goal attempts after a quick 14 - 0 lead in the first 5 minutes of the game. I also didn't like the 162 passing yards that Fresno St. earned in the 1st half. But I was happy with the adjustment as they held them to only 12 yds in the 3rd quarter.

Couple of great plays on special teams, and some boneheaded plays too. Jake Cotton is well on pace to become the most penalized Offensive Lineman for the Huskers, not good considering he is a captain.

I know folks want to see Abdullah get the ball, a lot. But I understand there is a process to wear down a defense that acknowledges that he is a threat and the best option to that is stuff the box and blitz. Tim Beck called a semi-good game in mixing plays up to utilize both the short and long pass to catch Fresno St. defense off guard and make them play more zone and conservative with the pass, rather than stopping the run.

TA still needs work on accuracy, something that I feel folks are going to ignore until one day it costs us a major game.

Offensive line still needs work, waiting for the day they start knocking guys off the line scrimmage and putting defensive lineman into the dirt.

Also one question that I hope someone can answer. Was the 62yd run by Imani Cross his longest?

TA needs consistency in the passing game, but threw some nice ones today.

Defense is yet to produce a legitimate turnover, this has to change going into the bigger games.

Offensive line didn't give Ameer much help, which is concerning considering the competition.

We'll learn a lot next week. We've looked good beating up on some bad teams (make no mistake, this is a historically bad Fresno team we just pummeled). A win next week tells us we've taken a small step forward. A loss likely means another 4 loss season, when considering the conference isn't impressive.

• Fire 2
That safety nagged at me for awhile.

De'Mornay Pierson won’t be getting kicked to for long.

Not sure why TA played until about the 8:30 mark of the 4th.

Worried while watching Gregory. He seemed delicate to me, like he’d break on any play.

Defensive backfield is solid and aggressive

Hovey? Who the heck is this white boy? Great addition to team.

The first call against Jake Cotton was totally bogus.