***** What did we learn - Fresno St Edition *****

walksalone

TA needs to learn to go through his progressions. Those home runs are not going to be there when we start in on conference play.

I was wrong about Cockrell (sp). I thought he was an insurance scholarship and the kid can really play.

Kalu is going to be the next one up for great NU db's

We don't have any road graders at o-line

Our TE's are no longer M.I.A. Now if TA can just find them

We are finally flying to the ball on defense

I guess Gregory said Fresno's line played dirty, going for low cut blocks, called their coach dirty.

Watching the game, I would agree. They were cut blocking every time on Gregory and some of the other guys....

And on pass pro no less. It works as a surprise every once and a while, but they were doing it to mess with his head.

Tommy (I think) will learn to hit his RB out of the backfield. He stares down his receivers too much. But he is a young QB, despite his 11 games of experience. If I remember correctly, it took Taylor 14 games to hit Burkhead out of the backfield during the Ohio State game.

I really don't like how our offensive line has looked so far this season. I think the weak spots are mainly the tackles.

241 yards passing allowed might look "bad." But it doesn't when you see that Fresno threw the ball 59 times, with some of those yards coming with our backups in the game. Despite not being the most physical or athletic, our secondary has done a solid job so far. Gerry has really looked good.

I'm liking how our defensive line is shaping up. McMullen and Gregory will both have to be watched.

Lane Hovey should get some more PT.

Demornay Pierson-El is the answer on an improved return unit.

Fresno State's kicker was nervous on his first attempt.

241 yards passing allowed might look "bad." But it doesn't when you see that Fresno threw the ball 59 times, with some of those yards coming with our backups in the game. Despite not being the most physical or athletic, our secondary has done a solid job so far. Gerry has really looked good.

Yeah, I was surprised to see 241 on the stat sheet, it didn't seem like they had that many yards through the air. 4.1 yards per pass tells the real story.

• Fire 2

Yeah, I was surprised to see 241 on the stat sheet, it didn't seem like they had that many yards through the air. 4.1 yards per pass tells the real story.
Keeping busy for the sake of keeping busy.

I think we attempted three passes to TEs all game, but two of them were caught for touchdowns and the feeling is very different.

Pretty sweet day for the whole team. Defense flying to the ball all night.

Gotta keep watching the line. Tommy throws a pretty ball, but struggles with placement sometimes, especially on shorter throws where a lot of them are behind the receiver. Sometimes it's good.

We may need to think up more creative and reliable options to replace our base run game at times. I don't know if that's possible though, you can't just keep throwing stuff to add to the playbook.