***** What did we learn - Fresno St Edition *****

walksalone

I wonder if establishing a running game early would help the offensive line get into a rhythm. The drop back passes on 2nd and 3rd & short* seems to negate any momentum. I don't think our offensive line is incapable, Beck just has a habit of making things more difficult than they have to be.

*If we absolutely must pass in running situations, why not go play-action more often?

Armstrong's inaccuracy and questionable reads are damaging Ameer's Heisman chances. He need to be able to hit the slant to back defenders out of the box and FOR GOD"S SAKES CHECK DOWN TO THE RB ONCE IN A WHILE!!. He's been open for 3 full games. Over 100 yards rushing AND a big day receiving help the Heisman race! He's our best player! Feed him the ball!

Newby on D looks like he might be a player.

Gregory started to look like Gregory in the 2nd half.

I like the freshmen that are playing.

Oline looks bad on run plays but is that because there are 14 men in the box?

We have TE? When did we get TE's?

Hovey is the great white hope. He is like Swift and Peterson and Welker and Largent. Real playbook guy, blue collar, hard worker. High football IQ. Someone else help me finish the cliche's and color based comparisons.

Oh, and I hate throwing the ball on 3rd and 2. Really I hate it.

Ryker Fyfe checked down to a RB in the flat right away instead of looking for a home run. TA still doesn't have a clue that option is available all the time and not just when you are trying to win a game with 20 seconds left.

Marcus Newby and Josh Kalu need to be on the field more. They make the defense way better.

Every 3rd down apparently is a passing down regardless of distance.

Sustained drives were difficult but overall was a much better game than last week.

• Fire 1