Who Has A Big Day?

Warrior10

Offense, I'm gonna say it his to be Tommy and the receivers. Thinking the passing game is going to have set up Ameer.

On defense Banderas is going to have to be on point, and tackle well

This worries me very much. Bando doesn't do well at anything. I'm worried Miami will try and get him out in space and pick us apart.

Vincent Valentine and Zach Sterup. (Heaviest guys on the team)

Damn you Moiraine... beating me to an expertly timed, well-crafted size joke.

I'll throw my hat into the rings saying Cross comes in and takes another one to the house at some point. DPE has a few nice returns, Westerkamp makes them eat their words for talking trash, and AA is his usual dominating self.

The DL on the hole should be licking their chops. I think McMullen has a real coming out party tonight.

Offense, I'm gonna say it his to be Tommy and the receivers. Thinking the passing game is going to have set up Ameer.

On defense Banderas is going to have to be on point, and tackle well

This worries me very much. Bando doesn't do well at anything. I'm worried Miami will try and get him out in space and pick us apart.

original.jpg?1386780203

• Fire 1

:bonesflag:Go B1G Red :bonesflag:

:nanalama

Game Plan:

:snacks: Watch the game!

Good Luck to Miami

As for the nickname of Thug U, I never thought of Miami that way because today game was nothing like old time football. Not talking about 20, 30, 60 years ago but the beginning of football in the early years,late 1800's going into the 20th Century football

1900-1905 it was estimated that 45 players had died from injuries on the gridiron. 1905 as college football has become a brutal game among players in competition. It is noted that 18 players had died and 150+ had been seriously - critically injured in games. The college had been using a formation called the 'Flying Wedge' to attack the defense pushing up the field. Basically, all offensive players will gather around the ball carrier and fighting their way down field. The defense would have a hard time trying to tackle the ball carrier that is inside the formation. A lot of pile ups of players - dog piles. Within those piles, players were kicked in the head, broken necks, internal injuries lead to death. Reported by the Washington Post in 1905, the President Theodore Roosevelt invited coaches and athletic advisors from Yale, Harvard, and Princeton Universities to the White House. The President's had concerns towards the casualties on the football field of college players. He wants the collegiate football to figure out what steps is needed to take the brutal sportsmanship off the gridiron and safety of the players. There were resistant to reform the football techniques of play, Walter Camp was one of the resisting figures. The crack in the resistant of reform came, in November another football player died from a hemorrhage in the cerebral (brain). Harold Moore played for Union College as a halfback. He was trying to tackle the New York University ball carrier. That flared political and social unrest about the sport that is out of control leaving players mangled or dead.

1906 a Committee formed after the 1905 season,(Renamed to the Intercollegiate Athletic Association of the United States, then to NCAA) to be a think tank to regulating the sport and set forth rules of engagement of play. New rules were added to the up and coming season as follows:

1. A forward pass that goes on the fly over the goal line is a touch-back to the defending side
  2. Kick down-field
  3. Fair catch on the spot
  4. If a player is out of bounds when the ball is put into play, it shall be brought back and played over again without penalty.
  5. A kick that goes over the goal line on the fly or after striking the ground before being touched by a player of either side shall go as a touchback to the defending side.
  6. Tripping was defined as obstructing a player with the foot or leg.
  7. It was decided that a foul tackle shall not be called if the tackler's arms slip below the knees after making the tackle properly
  8. Place or drop kicks over the crossbar (goal post)
  9. Gain 10 yards (it was 5 yards) for a first down, three downs to achieve. It created more punts in the college game.
  10. Neutral zone established between offense and defense: at least 6 men on the scrimmage line
  11. 1st half and 2nd half: 30 minutes playing time each half
  12. Mass formation and gang tackling prohibited; play is stopped once a player fell on the ground after a tackle or covering the ball on the ground.

Just a little history of real thug football, even the pro teams had blood baths.

Who will have a good day? Nebraska against Miami but respect the game.

Ameer will get his 100+ ground yards

WR will play good

Tommy should be good to go running and passing

It is a team effort

Miami:

Well, the trade mark of trash talking had not left the program, maybe it should not be part of their persona today, make a change for the future. Respect the game and make a statement on the field, these instant communication will do more harm than good, like you may not back it up with the play on the field. If you lose, what happens. The media will have a frenzy over what you said and the team could not back it up. Your choice to do so. Your fans will be even more depressed lashing out towards anyone and everyone because the players lost on TV. The coaches are to blame. Every fan base has a few who go out of their way to be foul mouthed to other fan bases before games. My thought is, "How can you respect others, if you can not respect yourself?" Good day Miami, your nightmares will come, when respect for others go to the way side. We will show your fans attending the game a respectful visit like a neighbor that is part of our culture living here. In the future come play us in the snow, it is fun as hell.

A Veteran