**** What did we learn - Miami Edition ****

walksalone

Rozier was the greatest. AA actually reminds me of him a LOT. That switchback run he did near the goal line was a less successful version of Rozier's UCLA TD.

On a drive, Rozier wouldn't have one 3 yard run and one 80 yard run; he'd have three 30 yard runs. Ameer kinda does the same thing. Big gains, consistently.

Phillips would have been the greatest. Should have been the greatest. What a tool.

Agreed, when talking about these four (Rozier, Phillips, Green, Ameer), Rozier and Ameer are the most similar. Green and Phillips were so big and strong that they would run over people (I know, I know, Ameer is tough and puts his shoulder down and drives through people, but not like those two did).

Phillips is the best running back I have ever seen anywhere. If you consider what he did as a sophomore and then consider what he did in his first two games as a junior...and what he did in the Fiesta Bowl against the #2 Gators....and think about what he COULD have done with a complete junior year and a complete senior year....his numbers would have been off the charts.

It is really a shame. He obviously had problems and nobody...not even Dr. Tom seemed to be able to help him. It is really too bad. Not just for us Husker fans who missed the opportunity to possibly have a two-time Heisman winner...but for him personally. To throw everything away and end up in prison. His life story is a true tragedy.

Phillips could have been the greatest back of all time, not just at NU but in the NFL as well. We'll probably never know what demons he fought, but he obviously lost that fight. I have pity for people like him because it's probably some sort of mental health issue that is holding him back. I didn't mention him because his colossal screw ups ruined his career.

• Fire 1

I learned that TA is one of the best true option qbs I've seen here in a while. And he's got an arm, but he's not a great passer. Zip for sure, but he telegraphs way too many passes that even PA's aren't working when he zones in on one guy right away. Our defense saved his rear a couple times and Ameer was Ameer but while I hope Tommy can fix his issues with wanting one guy the go, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't get sat at some point in the season for a series or so due to his stubbornness at times to make progressions.

• Fire 1

First quarter:

We punted once. The reason was Cotton not picking up the edge that would have got AA the room he needed. Beck had used the same formation three plays in a row and still had a good call. #poorexecution

Miami runs rub routes on match up zone and Kaaya tends to have a single option on most throws. Kaaya throws good passes, but receivers aren't catching them. As the quarter continues, it becomes more obvious that Kaaya is throwing to Watford anytime he is under pressure whether Watford is open or not.

TA misreads the safety back pedal presnap and has numbers if he hands off to Cross. He keeps, however, and gets hit after two yards. If Pelini were to hold his block, it is Cross on the free safety.

• Fire 1

We learned that Miami thinks Huskers fans are #1!!

Drew Mandl @drewpefiasco · 15h

@darrenrovell miami hurricane offensive lineman, ereck flowers, flipping off nebraska crowd

ByGbUD5CMAAZWw0.jpg

Nice but I think close-up hand picture starting at pinky finger, 1, 2, 3, 4 ..... 4 fingers raising, not middle finger. Could be wrong ... need glasses.

However I always has been, always will be .....

U THUGS