A Few Realities to Chew On

Landlord

1. This board does not give McNeese St. much credit. Yes we are better than 7 pts, but they are a good team.

2. Trash talk is part of the game. Always has been and always will be. Kenny was really getting on the Miami bench on a couple of TV timeouts. Nebraska won the mental part of the game.

3. Gregory was getting chopped all night and some were very questionable. I love his passion.

4. If the officials would be calling all the cheap shots in between plays by the Miami offensive line, it would not have gotten out had. We were picking someone up on almost every play. There is a reason they got the nickname Thug U.

This is a major comment from me. I think Bo grew up a lot this game. Some questionable stuff happening and yea he got hot under the collar but controlled himself and it appeared the team got back in control. He has been much better this year.

I think this comment is about two years late.

This is a major comment from me. I think Bo grew up a lot this game. Some questionable stuff happening and yea he got hot under the collar but controlled himself and it appeared the team got back in control. He has been much better this year.

Better late than never

Randy wasn't helping things though. A couple times he was close to taunting, clapping in a guys face as they walked down the field. Jawing is fine but you keep it in check.

like i said....

But the issue here isnt jawing. Its pushing and punching and cheap shots? Who crossed that line? Surprise surprise.

Uh. Both teams did.

Randy Gregory and Josh Mitchell should be thanking the NCAA that they didn't get ejected. Especially Josh - he was digging his hands into the facemask of a Miami player.

The NCAA would not get involved with something as trivial as the stuff that happened last night. The B1G might, but considering how much players like Taylor Lewan got away with last year, you pretty much have to commit murder to be suspended in this conference.

Randy wasn't helping things though. A couple times he was close to taunting, clapping in a guys face as they walked down the field. Jawing is fine but you keep it in check.

like i said....

But the issue here isnt jawing. Its pushing and punching and cheap shots? Who crossed that line? Surprise surprise.

Uh. Both teams did.

Randy Gregory and Josh Mitchell should be thanking the NCAA that they didn't get ejected. Especially Josh - he was digging his hands into the facemask of a Miami player.

The NCAA would not get involved with something as trivial as the stuff that happened last night. The B1G might, but considering how much players like Taylor Lewan got away with last year, you pretty much have to commit murder to be suspended in this conference.

William Ghoulston got suspended for this stuff a few years ago, which was worse but not a lot worse than what we saw Mitchell up to last night (although the situation is different when everyone is getting into it instead of just one player):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T_VsOFe0ek

Beck should have not called that 1st down pass where Tommy ended up throwing an INT. We were gashing them for 5-7 yards a pop on the ground, it was a no brainer to pound the rock all night, and no need to pass on a running down with the success we were having. It was one example of him out thinking himself.

I did like the idea of the reverse, even though it was a no gainer, just one block away from going big. It was set up well by jet sweep and other motion plays earlier. I loved the wildcat, great to see again. Kenny Bell blocking was fun to watch, #1 was jawing with him after KB blocked him out of a play, and KB was KB, that was when I saw him jaw with the Miami sideline. Great to see our top WRs be as involved in their blocking game as the passing game. And oh my goodness, KBs TD...so wide open, being at the game watching it live, you could see him come out of his cut and he was all alone. Good route running. Overall, I really liked what Beck and the offense did last night, it was fun to watch.

Miami obviously didn't watch the mcneese st film because I believe our biggest weakness on O is forcing Tommy to throw 30x a game. With Miami talent, they should have loaded the box and forced us to air it out. That's bad coaching/game planning on Al Golden. Obviously I'm OK that they didn't, it was awesome to see Ameer do his work.

Defensively, we will continue to struggle with crossing routes and RBs out of the back field, we will continue to get gashed, but I don't think we will see another team with that speed all season, except for Melvin Gordon. Miami did their damage on quick routes getting their WRs in open space. When we force the QB to sit in the pocket for more than 2-3 seconds, we look great. I miss Avery Moss. Gregory can't be our only feared pass rusher, we need our other guys to step up and force pressure when Gregory is double teamed. I believe as the season progresses and we get into conference play, someone will step up, I'm excited to see who that is. I'd be even more excited to see the whole unit have their share.

I'm afraid to drink the Kool-Aid because this program has been dr. Jekyll mr Hyde, but I like what I've seen so far from the team as a whole. Tommy continues to grow up, WRs are stepping up, OL is hungry - needs to stay hungry and nasty. It's not easy covering RBs, but need our LBs to step up. Defense always seems to bare down as season goes on, so I'll be optimistic. One more week, one more win. Take care of biz early with Illinois, get the backups in, and rest the starters.

GBR

Beck should have not called that 1st down pass where Tommy ended up throwing an INT. We were gashing them for 5-7 yards a pop on the ground, it was a no brainer to pound the rock all night, and no need to pass on a running down with the success we were having. It was one example of him out thinking himself.

Agree. But that play might be what led him to run it so much from then on.

Yep. Beck finally figured out how to trust his senior leader after another TA mistake. Hopefully, TA learns from this.

It was a poor read and throw by Armstrong. If he throws to Bell in the flats instead of throwing a lobber to Westerkamp it's probably a first down. Tommy just needs to work on getting his progressions down.

IMO throwing about 15-20 times a game is about right. So long as our run sets up our pass selection. When you got Abdullah, you build your offensive scheme around him and the run. The open passes will come on there own when teams are primarily focused on stopping Abdullah.

• Fire 1

like i said....

Uh. Both teams did.

William Ghoulston got suspended for this stuff a few years ago, which was worse but not a lot worse than what we saw Mitchell up to last night (although the situation is different when everyone is getting into it instead of just one player):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T_VsOFe0ek

Like you said, the situation was completely different. If Josh Mitchell had done what he did after a normal play instead of during a large scuffle, he would be suspended.

Or, if tommy doesn't lock onto Westerkamp from the snap, he throws to a wide open Kenny underneath for a 20 yard gain.

Nebraska should be getting attention for this game. It was a well played football game. Fun to watch. The announcers saying it looked like an NFL game was a big compliment. It was sound disciplined football and I loved it. I tried watching a couple games after work before the game and they were just awful. Defenses all out of position, poor tackling...just garbage football. Last night's game was a breath of fresh air....

Jesus landlord cmon. Mitchell did what ge did cuz that lard ass was down there doing god knows what to our star.

Miami started the bullsh#t by escalating the jawing into pushinh and shoving and a near brawl. How much football have you watched this year with jawing and such. And now all a sudden miami comes to town and we got two near bench clearing incidents. This is a miami problem with their wannabe badassculture. Nota jmitch/gregory smack talk problem.

I loved it by the way. 300lb lineman? Ah hell no. Leave it to little 160 jmitch to be the first one in to take on a guy literally twice his size. Disaggreement aside you have to admit that was awesome. And dont forget about mcmullens massive suplex.

Jesus landlord cmon. Mitchell did what ge did cuz that lard ass was down there doing god knows what to our star.

Miami started the bullsh#t by escalating the jawing into pushinh and shoving and a near brawl. How much football have you watched this year with jawing and such. And now all a sudden miami comes to town and we got two near bench clearing incidents. This is a miami problem with their wannabe badassculture. Nota jmitch/gregory smack talk problem.

I loved it by the way. 300lb lineman? Ah hell no. Leave it to little 160 jmitch to be the first one in to take on a guy literally twice his size. Disaggreement aside you have to admit that was awesome. And dont forget about mcmullens massive suplex.

I love him defending his teammate, don't love him attacking the other team. There's a line that gets crossed in there somewhere, but overall it's really a non-issue for me. I totally get it and I'd rather have Josh going after someone than running away from them any day.

Or two weeks too early.